Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But the question is: Who will it be?

Jeff Glancy heads into the final event of the 2008 Focus Challenge Championship as the points leader, holding a narrow half-point lead over Clint Boisdeau. Jeff, who has relocated from Southern California to Tennessee over the summer, is not expected to compete on the 14th, leaving the door wide open for Boisdeau to claim the title.

Rookie Jason Dovel has his eyes on spoiling that, however. Jason, if he is able to claim first place, set the fast lap of the day, and claim a new track record, will gain 8 points to move into a statistical tie with Clint. Clint will just need to roll off the start line to claim one participation point and solidify his spot as the innagural champion of the Focus Challenge. Jason is in solid position to claim the "Rookie of the Year" award.

Points as they stand as of November 1:

Notes about the Event:

Clint Boisdeau currently holds the Focus Challenge record with a 1:27.554 which was recorded in the February, 2008 event. This is the third time that the Focus Challenge returns to the Streets of Willow Springs this year. The Streets of Willow Springs is a Focus Challenge favorite, as the Focus Challenge concept was developed based on the 1.8 mile road course in 2003.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Looks like it might be a shoot out for third. It would be cool it Jeff could make the trip out and turn it into an F1 type of cliff hanger. lol

·
I AM THE MOFREAKINGMAN!
6,762 Posts
tparker said:
Looks like it might be a shoot out for third. It would be cool it Jeff could make the trip out and turn it into an F1 type of cliff hanger. lol
im always down for a good fight:D

·
Registered
566 Posts
so i am assuming since the numbers are so random that you get to pick your own car number somehow?

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lofocus said:
so i am assuming since the numbers are so random that you get to pick your own car number somehow?

Pretty much.

My car number is now #27.... cuz, well, NASA doesn't let me run 3 digit car #s LOL But 8/27 is my birthday.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, and I spaced on it last night.... but Jason has an extra half point from the May practice day @ Cali Speedway.... So he's sitting pretty if he wins it all and clint DNS'

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well haul your ass up to my house tonight and help me finish this damn car. ;)

·
Registered
566 Posts
BUR_ZX3 said:
Well haul your ass up to my house tonight and help me finish this damn car. ;)
what'cha still doing? remember the engine goes in sideways!

·
Registered
658 Posts
tparker said:
I sure wish that I could make it out there. I NEED a track day and SOW this time of year sounds likes a lot of fun! Sadly, moving, getting married, and a lack of job for quite some time have put a large dent in my budget. :( That being said, I WILL pay big bucks to anyone who can keep Clint from competing. :lol:

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Congratz on getting hitched. On another note, I tried my best. Clint broke his car again today :lol: I'll PM you my address :p

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Car still runs. He can limp around the track and get his 1 point and pretty much be guaranteed the championship.

;)

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
That's great news. I know I'm faster than you in the grey car, it's that red one I'm worried about :p

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
ClintB1321 said:
new exhaust manifold on and running:evilgrin:

Awesome! :rock:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts