Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of converting to rwd. I have a 2.3 duratec, built, turbo, and was tuned be randy with sct a few years back. I am using a t5 trans that has a mechanical speedo gear. I'm looking for a way to convert it to electrical but haven't figured that part out yet. Will having the speedo sensor unplugged affect the cars tune or allow it to run? Does the sct software have a way of calibrating an after market speedo sensor?

The other thing is I will be running a fuel cell and external pump. Can I disconnect the fuel pump driver module and disable it with sct? I'm trying to avoid using a stand alone if I can. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Is the external pump going to be pwm + returnless? Or are you running a return line and fuel pressure regulator on the rail? I'm betting if you're using return system, you could just leave it hooked ip, may throw a code, or unhook it, same result. As for the speedo, I thought about this one too and I'm pretty sure with SCT you can change the pulse per rotation of the ECU's calculation for speed and match it to a electromechanical speedo gear drive, the sensor on ~88 and up t5s/aod/aode. They're both just Hall effect sensors picking up x number of pulses per rpm of the final drive/driveshaft.

·
Registered
235 Posts
And just in case, you could cheat and use the abs sensor/tone ring off the rear end you're using and match those signal rates up, same same.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I came to the same conclusions, just wanted to hear someone else say it lol. I had a surge tank fuel system on the previous build. Stock pump just kept the tank full and I had a second pump to the fuel rail. Works well but I will have a fuel cell now. Thanks for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts