Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I am really being serious here. eventaully I want to transform my car in to a true monster. To clarify that I want to put in a cosworth racing engine with turbo and make it AWD with everything complementing these changes. Now that I have a plan I need to nkwo how to implament it. the race engine is easy : turbo tom. but the hard part is the AWD. I believe that the european rs is an AWD set up. could I order the appropiate parts and so a straight up conversion or am I dreaming through smoke and mirrors? I know this is not going to be an easy proscess and is going to cost a small fortune but I want this car to be the ultimate focus on the street/course. A beautiful mix between race car and street car. anyway thats just what I wanted to ask for now and if anyone has suggestions or whatever please respond.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yeah, I don't think that it would cost a small fortune.... There would be nothing small about it, it will cost many many thousands. I think it would be cheaper to sell your car and import an RS.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Ideas about a Ford Escape AWD conversion for the Focus has been brought up, but I can't remember if it works or not. Do search and see what you can find about it. My suggestion: buy a new car, Foci aren't that cool

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
ya i think it would be pretty dang expensive...mainly cuz u start getting into four wheel drive conversions your gunna start basically goin tube frame for support i think...just build a front drive monster.....especially if your lookin to put that mmuch money in it. jus tthink about it. 500 hp front drive street legal focus,,,,then go find a corvette at the strip and make him rethink his midlife crisis!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts