Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first look by modification to only exhaust /intake elimination of cats teh dura is making around 165 or so horse. Using some equations you can bring the duratech upto 350 horsepower @ wheels on 92 pump gas if properly intercooled on an 8.0 :1 compression piston. The pressure gradient would be 1.12 which is 16.4 psi of pressure. you should be able to pull off 12 psi on the stock setup which is relativly 300 whp without race fuel(92 octane). No external modifications using just a turbo turbo header and a good before turbo filtration system and high cfm piping to the stock intake manifold.

If you can get the car upto 200 horsepower without changing out the stock header or to cams with larger lift but with less then 10 degrees of overlap changing intake manifold /throttle body /cooling/ head porting systems then you could get almost 400 whp on 92 octane with stock compression and adequate intercooling. which i think is possible.

With the 8.0 to one compression ratio you would loose out on your base number (about 11 horsepower per compression point on this engine) but with 16 pounds of boost youd be pushing 420 horsepower with less low end response.

This is all on 92 octane

on a hundred octane you can add about 4 psi to everything
So 417 whp on stock compression
on 120 you can add about 4 more psi and youll be setting at 440 whp on that with stock compression. It seems that 9.6 is a fairly get number for this engine if you intercool it right.(approaching 100 percent with 1 psi drop through intercooling systems) All this info came from maximum boost by corky bell so it is correct.

Just giving heads up on what iv found.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actaully i havent looked into the diffrent turbos that was just some pressure equations from corky`s book. Im actaully looking into some vatn (aerocharger) turbo`s but flow will be at about 512 cfm which is very high. If you had to go with a non vatn turbo charger the turbo probably wouldnt reach full boost until 3500 rpms. but im in no mood to do a shake down on the compressor maps and actaully piece the combination that would actaully work the best. too much effort

·
Registered
229 Posts
man on man, all this talk of "boost" and "turbo" has got me feelin all warm and fuzzy inside

I cant wait, if I could Turbo or even SC my p-zero man its on. The price isnt bad either.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hell yea.
if i saw a 2nd Gen turbo that proved itself in the market i would buy it now.

·
Registered
508 Posts
id go with a supercharger it seems to be an easier install but hell a turbo would be awesome

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
twin screw ownage shall be mine...someday

SEEMS to be an efficient engine...we'll see when peeps ditch that disgustingly short stock header and start really playing aroudn with the car.g

1 - 7 of 7 Posts