Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new muffler/pipe for my future 2000 ZX3, but I don't want something that will make that loud "fffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppp" crap "look at me race you" sound. I wan't something that sounds growl and kinda scary almost when you step on it to go alongside the death metal my car will be bumping.

Anyone got some good recomendations, along with a place to buy it online?

Thanks

-=J=-

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by Midlife Crisis:
Hmmm,,,,sounds like you need a V8 under the hood to make that kind of sound.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yup, that only thing you'll get out of the i4 is a crappy sound. You'll need a flat 4 or a V8 or something like that to make a nasty growl. The quietest exhausts are the apexi ws and focus sport. That might be the best option.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Originally posted by dj_kurruption:
The Borla is pretty growly @ low rpm's. Just don't get a race header
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have the borla + race header and it just sounds downright MEAN... noticably low drone at idle, a nice low tone while cruising low rpm, but when you get on it... GOOD LORD! just hope there isnt a cop with a headache around cause you'll be pulled over in a second! (but thats moreso from the race header like dj said) the borla alone sounds great, but the Bosal is by far the smoothest sounding setup I've heard

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Magnaflow + FS Race Header = Loud and middle to high tone

Borla + FC Race Header = Loud and Low to middle tone

. But yes. You will be cop bait with either choice.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
You have a 4 cyl. under your hood just like them Honda's. You can't help it. If you had a V8 or V6 under the hood then you'll have that "growling" sound.

[ 10-17-2002, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Hi-Risk ]

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just bought a APEXI exhaust system
for my car and it has a calm quite grawl at idle and at hight rpm's it sounds great. I know how you feel about those mufflers that sound like a fart. That is what I did not want. Mine exhaust came from Options Auto Salon they are in some of the magazines like HCI or on line. They are like Nopi.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm running the Bosal cat back and it sounds nothing like them bees in a coffee can exhausts. It has a very nice growl in idle and sounds mean at the mid range. My $.02

1 - 15 of 15 Posts