1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A hero\'s return?

From Autoweek.com

Zanardi to drive at Lausitzring?

Rumor has it that on May 11 two-time CART champion Alex Zanardi will finish what he started: He will run the final 13 laps at this year’s German 500 at the Lausitzring.

There were 13 laps left in the race in 2001 when Zanardi suffered a horrifying wreck, losing both of his legs. Sources said Ford and CART are working on a car for Zanardi with hand controls and that he will test it before the German race. If the test goes well, Zanardi will run the laps.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=motorsportsnews&loc_code=index&content_code=05915004

WOW! That would be incredible!

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
Re: A hero\'s return?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts

if that is true, that would be amazing. Ill never forget seeing that accident that friday of nopi. Zanardi is one of my favorite drivers. Those 13 laps will be an amazing sight.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts

In a way it is kind of eerie but it really shows the amount of love and dedication that exist in people.

If it works out or not I think it´s a very spirited attempt for him to be true to the things that make him tick.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

Awesome. I read up on him after the accident. This guy really pulled himself out of the sticks to get to where he was, then that horrible accident stole it all away from him--or so we thought.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

now THIS is headline worthy news....and the crazy thing I knew what you were talking about when I read the title
I hope he gets the chance

·
Registered
215 Posts

GO Zanardi!! That would be truly great. I really hope it happens.

Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts