Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

About two months ago I added a set if reverse indiglo's over my insturment cluster. they went on without a hitch but something about them is starting to bother me. In the pics below you can see what I'm talking about. The holes that were cut out for the needles are actually larger than the needles themselves leaving the butt-ugly gap around them. Is there any way of fixing this?

I have been thinging about getting larger needles but I haven't found any that are suitable yet. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
you could just put some form fitting foam or something like that...you know fill up the extra space with something then color it to match the gauge

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
they make the holes larger for a reason, so you do not have to remove your needles durring the install, which many people prefer. Otherwise, you would have to go through the hassles of re-calibrating all the guages on your entire cluster.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Your guages are really offcenter first of all. Move them over and line those holes up and it will look a good bit better. To cover the black spot all the way, just use some white paper

·
Registered
433 Posts
where did you get those gauges by the way?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good ol' ebay, if you search for Ford Focus you'll find them under the gauges section. Look for "velocity gauges". I'll try to get a night shot for you

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well by now your probably wondering why I'm using this overlay well the photo below is my reason, unless I can find an RS cluster in MPH at a reasonable price
, I'm going to stick with these

EDIT: On the cheaper route if I can find the gauge cluster thats used in this post I'll be all set I'll just swap those needles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts