Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went to this cruise night / celebration for opening of a new performance shop yesterday evening, which actually turned out really nice with a lot of muscle cars, antiques, slammed trucks, raised off road trucks, modern performance cars, modern muscle, and the show crowd.

So i'm walking around (actually my focus had 3-5 people looking at it pretty much the whole time, i was kind of shocked) and looking at the cars. There is this... odd blue civic with a wide body kit, slammed, big wing, altezzas, cheesy full range dual 12" enclosure, teal carpeted (or felt) dash / door panels / etc, portable DVD player with a cheapy screen.

Anyway, it is about this car that i pose the question:

"Why is it that at car shows people with riced out cars watch the fast and the furious during the show?"

Seriously.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
haha

my EXACT thought when i was at HIN one year...worst car there, and all the kid did was sit there and watch is big ass screen on the ceiling...playing 2f2f

-chris

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also, some pics are here.

not that many pics on the site. i have some on my camera but havent had a chance to upload them yet.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
we had about 7 foci beat at a show this year by a chevy corsica with a cone filter. I like to watch Driven or some old Steve McQueen or Paul Newman racing movies at shows.

Jason

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, this wasn't a competitive show. no judging, just a friendly big g2g. good food and music.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
nice turn out, looks like a dam fine time

did u recently tint ur tails? don't think i remember them looking like that.

like to see the neon next to you too, gives hope that one day foci and neons aren't merely on a "o there's a focus, i have to race it" basis

love white on white fox body's...if its gonna be white, the rims must be white...sick!

how was the response to your car?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
There are two types of people in this world: Those who hated and/or laughed at The Fast and the Furious. And those who loved the movie and will forever embrace the Fast and the Furious lifestyle.

Those that hated and/or laughed at the fast and the furious have taste. Those who loved it and choose to embrace it have no taste and will forever be relegated to being a ricer.

Just be thankful that you can put yourself in the first category.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
There are two types of people in this world. Those who hated and/or laughed at The Fast and the Furious. And those who loved and will forever embrace the Fast and the Furious lifestyle.

Those that hated and/or laughed at the fast and the furious have taste. Those who loved it and choose to embrace it have no taste and will forever be relegated to being a ricer.

Just be thankful that you can put yourself in the first category.
the first one was alright, i break it out everynow and then because it has pretty good chases...not so much rice lifestyle..but the second is flat out how it is in a reality right now, and it is horrible

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
The fast and the furious owns me. If I had sweet monitors in my car I would play it everywhere. With my huge wing.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those tails are off my grey car. I tinted them in fall 02 or spring 03 (i dont remember). The turnout was good and people either didn't understand what anything under my hood was, or liked it, because just about everyone stopped to look then walked around, looked inside, in the hatch, etc.
the kid in the neon next to me parked and walked away. but he seemed okay i guess. the blue SRT4 was owned by a pretty cool guy. i tried to get him to do more ICE but he wasn't up for it. that and he had his wife and two kids with him.

hocky, you ricer with your ls1 rx7. with a wing.

lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts