Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know APC isn't the best and the fitment isn't perfect, but I'm going to go ahead and get the Carbon Fiber Tails for my ZX3 for now...they are cheap and I think they will improve the look of the car while I save up the money and get the hella heads and tails in like a year and a half or so...

So my question is, here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33710&item=2428147437&sspagename=rvi%3A1%3A2

Where is the reverse light? Or do I lose it? I know these things aren't the best taillights available...but like I said, it's good enough for me for now at least...

Also...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6763&item=2428919086&sspagename=rvi%3A1%3A2

What about these things? Anothre cheap sest of headlights but they will be better than stock until I can get some more money...are these direct fit, or do I need to modify the wiring? Thanks a lot....

So far my plan for the car is to get the headlights and taillights, tint my windows, get clear bumpre lenses and hten over winter I will purchase lowering springs, a carbon fiber hood and those will go on once winter is over. Then I'm going to start saving for a body kit and what not...opinions/suggestions would be great! Thanks again...

·
Registered
350 Posts
if it were me I'd wait for the money to come in and get what I really want. those headlights aren't really projectors either(save for the hellas). and don't get those tails, check out the blacked out ones on indy's site.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you link me to indy's site?
What do you mean they aren't really projectors? They look pretty good to me, and if I wait to buy the hella's, I'll be waiting for a good 6 months cuz I wouldnt do it till after winter anyway. Plus they require some sort of wiring modification, don't they? Thanlks...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like those but what does 189 european come out to be in US Currency? And is there any wiring required or do they just plug right in? Do I lose my reverse light? Thanks

Sorry for askin so many questions but headlights and taillights are going to be my first mod on a car that I am quite excited about. Going with the cheaper APC tails/Matrix heads is my first option and then saving up for some better ones down the road, but if these will be reasonably priced and easy to install, I'll do it...

I just figure the APC/Matrix heads and tails are cheap and would improve the look whether or not the quality sucks, I'm not keeping them forever....

I got a lot of ideas for this car, and I'm pretty exited about getting the money together to do it all lol

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I would have to second the opinion to wait till you can afford what you really want. I have heard some people complain about the fitment of the Matrix headlights in the past. Honestly what I would do is pay the extra money and get the headlights you really want, then nightshade the tails for right now. It would come out being about what you were planning to spend now anyway (from what I gather) but you will have quality pieces on your car. Then a little down the road you can get the tails you really want, but won't be spending a ton on stuff that you are going to replace anyway.

Also if you are tinting the windows, having niteshaded tails looks dope.. that is what I am getting ready to do.

Anyway, just my idea. I would also like to know if those tails from Indy require special wiring or not. And is there any fitment issues with them?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I know APC isn't the best and the fitment isn't perfect, but I'm going to go ahead and get the Carbon Fiber Tails for my ZX3 for now...they are cheap and I think they will improve the look of the car while I save up the money and get the hella heads and tails in like a year and a half or so...

So my question is, here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33710&item=2428147437&sspagename=rvi%3A1%3A2

Where is the reverse light? Or do I lose it? I know these things aren't the best taillights available...but like I said, it's good enough for me for now at least...
People are still buying altezzas? I thought those went out a year or two ago? I guess I was just hoping

Also...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6763&item=2428919086&sspagename=rvi%3A1%3A2

What about these things? Anothre cheap sest of headlights but they will be better than stock until I can get some more money...are these direct fit, or do I need to modify the wiring? Thanks a lot....
Acutally they are probably a lot worse than stock. OEM parts are built to quite high standards, and those cheap-o things i'm sure are not as bright, and will not last as long. Like others said, the hellas are the good ones. Get those, if you NEED headlamps like that.
So far my plan for the car is to get the headlights and taillights, tint my windows, get clear bumpre lenses and hten over winter I will purchase lowering springs, a carbon fiber hood and those will go on once winter is over. Then I'm going to start saving for a body kit and what not...opinions/suggestions would be great! Thanks again...
I think those are all great, but a full suspension will actually make the car better rather than the springs which are just a ricers way to make their car look better. I'm just not into the whole boy-racer with "parts that pretend they're good but really aren't" scene i guess. But you asked for opinons. Keep it clean, and make it quick. That will keep a smile on your face

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Are the APC/Matrix heads really D.O.T approved? I didn't think they were.
With a price that low, I doubt DOT approval is included...but i'm probably wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts