Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car on the dyno and ran three pulls they were kind of inconsistent, I took out my diablo chip and actually gained a couple hp's and the same with the torque. Then pulled a couple more runs that were very consistent then I tuned in my cam gears. So my ? is how come the chip didn't help me out and was actually "hurting" me. My a/f was the same on some of the runs but my hp was down in places. Was it pulling timing from me? I have a x-14, LfQ0 chip. Rest of mods in sig. And what do I do know with the chip I have it out right now. Thanks. DJ.

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
If you go back and do a search you will see where we also did some testing with the same chip and we got the same thing NOTHING or a loss of power

There are very few people that have truely tested just the chip by it self to see what they realy do add or dont add

Some say that your car wont show a gain on the dyno with the chip ,,Yea like it knows its on a dyno so dont let the chip make any power gains dont think so

I have seen all the did you have it tuned for this add on or that add on and that is for the most part just more BS

The only place it realy does seem to help is on take off or tip in fuel and timing

But on most cars and ALL i have ever tested 15+ there has been no gain from the chips

tom

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's the same response I've heard elsewhere. No real gains on the chip...all it's good for is idle setting, rev and speed limiters and the shift points on an auto.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah idle is now alittle rougher than with it in and limiter is back but unless on the track i guess i don't have to be going faster than 108 anyways. thanks

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
EVERYONE--If you look in the Focus Sport section you will see that deeztnsz has a race header and his check engine light was on. Nothing against deeztnsz, I just wanted everyone to know the full story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts