Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to drive Limerock on the 9/23. I should be registering for the time trial School, correct? I'm new to EMRA and only had my car on a track once with a club. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
just reg on line, you can pay when you get there...or better yet send check in as it fills up fast....the check will not be cashed til after the event anyway...i will be there from thursday til saturday night after the enduro....i will be instructing for the tt's, running for practice (wheel to wheel racers do not get any points in tt's)...we are running the enduro saturday if you want to help out....www.emraracing.org we will give you all the help you need....you will get classroom time and an ontrack instructor

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I should be registering for the time trial School, correct?
Yes, upon succesful completion, you will get your TT license for the year.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is required to pass tech? I have a snell 2000 motorcycle helmet. Is my helmet and long sleeve shirt enough?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
From EMRA's TT page

The Driver......
Must be 18 years of age, and possess a valid driver's license
Clothing for the day: long sleeve shirt, long pants, no open toe shoes. (Full race equipped driver's suit recommended)
Helmet: must meet Snell M95 or SA95 certifications. (Closed faced recommended)

The Car......
Mechanically sound: no loose body parts, no leaks, battery securely strapped down
Working seatbelts: seatbelts required for driver and passenger. (Five pt. harness recommended)
Interior: all items not bolted down will need to be removed. Good practice is to remove all mats, unnecessary tools and supplies before coming to the track.

Extras....
Floor Jack: shop style and a set of jack stands
Tape: headlights will need to be covered. Numbers will be required on both sides of door.
Tarp: to protect items from rain, sun and sand
Food: though all tracks have a snack bar, you may opt for a quick bite between runs.
Also, you should try to figure out your car class. Not strictly necessary, but it will help eliminate any confusion when you're at the track. You can find pdf's of the rules here (ST rules will help you figure out what class you're in).

They're a newb-friendly bunch if you post questions in their forum (aka Boardroom).

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yup, we'll be running the 2-hour on Saturday, and will always welcome another set of hands on deck. Not sure if I'll be hanging around for the TT on Sunday (depends on workload / car health), equally unsure what Gary's up to.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Team Pro-Motion sportbike club.

How long, and how many sessions will I get at the EMRA time trial?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
three 1/2 hour track sessions, 5 hot laps for time....we will be at the wt campground friday and saturday night as pocono does not allow you to stay at track...i will be leaving sunday morning

1 - 11 of 11 Posts