Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw one of these on the 91 freeway the other night. As I came up behind it I was looking at it trying to figure out what the heck it was. Looked pretty nice, essentialy a RSX sedan in the same vein as RL and TL. It had manufacturer plates but was totaly undisguised so I'd guess they'll be in dealerships fairly soon.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I saw one today sitting at a stoplight waiting to turn left. It had the Monroney sticker on it, so I assume it was heading back to the Acura dealer about a half mile away. It looks ok I guess, but I'm not so sure about the view from the side. The proportions just don't look right.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
yah there are a few wandering around.... the General Manager at Acura Pasadena has one right now I know as his "demo car."

Can't wait for Jackson Racing and Hondata to get their hands on that bad boy!!! 300HP baby!!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Its actually the narrow platform accord. Sweet looking car i think.

Kee

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's not an RSX sedan. It's the European/JDM Honda Accord. If that doesn't demonstrate the difference in mid-size sedan tastes between the US and the rest of the world, I'll eat a bug!

TSX looks great - kinda like a Japanese Alfa Romeo 156. Of course, if I had one I'd switch it back to Honda Accord badging, since that's what it really is.

Ed

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was wondering about what platform it was built from. The styling cues were very RSX but it seemed just a little bigger, though much smaller than the US version of the accord. It looked like a really nice ride, very classy not boy racer like the IS300.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Originally posted by Gandalf:
Its actually the narrow platform accord. Sweet looking car i think.

Kee
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It does actually look very narrow, considering how tall it is.

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Originally posted by Ed:
It's not an RSX sedan. It's the European/JDM Honda Accord. If that doesn't demonstrate the difference in mid-size sedan tastes between the US and the rest of the world, I'll eat a bug!

TSX looks great - kinda like a Japanese Alfa Romeo 156. Of course, if I had one I'd switch it back to Honda Accord badging, since that's what it really is.

Ed
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think they're marketing it as an RSX sedan.

I went to the car show and they had one there. Looks like an accord inside. They said they went to cali for training and they took it out on the oval track, doing 140 and they couldn't even hear a thing. They said the main difference is the suspension...it's stiffer than the JDM or euro accord.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I don't expect it to sell very well though. Why would you pay more for a TSX, when a V6 Accord has more HP and is cheaper?

·
Registered
95 Posts
PICTURES.....PICTURES.....Must see PICTURES!

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Originally posted by RoRo:
I don't expect it to sell very well though. Why would you pay more for a TSX, when a V6 Accord has more HP and is cheaper?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's the acura nameplate...It's like, why would you pay for a mercury mystique when you can have the Ford Countour.

And here is some pics:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think I read in C&D that despite being smaller than the Accord, it actually weighs about 200-300lbs MORE. Whatsupwitdat?

·
Registered
461 Posts
If I choose to get one as my next car (after the focus), then it will be used, and about 4 years old. Then I won't have to bring lubrication to the dealership to pay $30k+ for an imported Accord.

Andrew

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Originally posted by darkness:
I think I read in C&D that despite being smaller than the Accord, it actually weighs about 200-300lbs MORE. Whatsupwitdat?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">More sound deadening and wood?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Me likey a lot.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
From my understanding the TSX is fitting inbetween the TL and RSX where the old Integra 4 dr. use to occupy space in the Acura line up.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Trust me.... Chip That.... some simple bolt ons... and that car will hand you your ass... and then go out for ice cream.

U don't wanna mess around.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts