Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have s Focussport exhaust and was wondering what other exhaust components I could get to add more power. Like a header and what else?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Let my dumb ass tell you!

header
flex pipe
gutted cat
search function

That's all I can think of!

[ 09-05-2002: Message edited by: jRock ]</p>

·
Registered
138 Posts
a race header and flex pipe will give you the highest flowing system you can get= highest hp output

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
think don is the 'race header' pimp now...every post of his is about race headers

-Ult

·
Registered
138 Posts
hay i had a shorty(jba) but wow is the race header way better power wise. so i guess you can call me Mr. Race Header

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by donszx3:
hay i had a shorty(jba) but wow is the race header way better power wise. so i guess you can call me Mr. Race Header
<hr></blockquote>

How do you pass inspection tho. Thats the only reason I dont get a race header.

·
Registered
138 Posts
stay off the gas around cops(noise) and in CA you don't got to smog you car for the first five years and every 2 after that. so i guss just don't get pull over for noise

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by justin:
Is a race header street legal and what does a flex pipe do?<hr></blockquote>

A Race Header is illegal..its illegal to alter your cats stock location. The flex pipe is located after the Cat. So Header,Cat,flex pipe,exhaust... To make the exhaust system complete in size and diameter to match the other parts of the system most likely 2.25 you must replace or else you will still have that bottle neck in the system with the stock flex pipe being 1 7/8 pipe I believe...

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
The "Flex-Pipe" is, as was stated above, the segment after the cat, before the "Catback"(As people call the rest of the exhaust...).
It's called a Flex-Pipe, because it has a flexible section in the middle.
This is to allow for the movement of the engine.
W/ a little "Give", the flex-pipe prevents your entire exhaust system from being torqued around every time you rev.
It goes over the front suspension's cross-pieces, etc., so it's the curved segment that's hard to see, just behind the cat.

·
Registered
138 Posts
race header race header race header

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by donszx3:
race header race header race header<hr></blockquote>
Illegal, Illegal, Illegal....
For those who live w/ inspections OR have a conscience when commuting as opposed to racing, this isn't an acceptable alternative.
(Not to mention the noise levels).
For "Track" use, you're right.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
lol, all this talk about loud race headers, ask local guys who have heard my car with the pacesetter header, FC cat bypass, FC flexpipe, and pacesetter exhaust....at idle you don't even know it has an exhaust, and cruising around its rather quiet, WAY quieter than cars with just a Bosal exhaust and such, WOT is a bit scarry, though

·
Registered
411 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jRock:

gutted cat
<hr></blockquote>

This will actually give you a decrease in performance. All your low end TQ will go away. You actullay need a bt of backpressure to get good power gains.

Not only will it sound like poo, it will smell like it too. (I have a gutted cat and it sucks)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts