Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be better to fit a Mild Cam or Adjustable Cam Gears and What could I expect in Gain....?

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Cam gears are a must for tuning period!! Cams will help but if you are just looking for some more HP/TQ without spending gobs of cash you can get it out of the stock cams. There was a member that gained 12 HP from tuning the stock cams alone!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that but What I am in is $239 for Adjustable cam gears then $50 for Import Duty
so its a Total of $289 +- R2900.00 or New Ford Cams Cut buy a local Guy at R2000.00 $200. This is why I am not sure.
I currently get 101kw at the Wheels

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Ahhh gotcha... Well there is always room for improvement. I would go with the cam gears first. But that is just me. You may decide after you get them tuned that you might not need the cams. It totally up to you though. Cams may be the best bet for the money that you will have to spend.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I would get the gears first. I couldn't believe the difference they made to my Foci it was the single best mod I have done to date.

Get the Gears!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys I will be looking for the Cam Gears it seems to be the better option by way of vote

1 - 6 of 6 Posts