Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have KYB AGX all around, they are bound/rebound adjustable.

My first thought is that full stiff in the front would keep the tires in contact with the pavement and help prevent wheel hop, but I get mixed ideas from others.

Thoughts?

I know going full stiff on the rear will help with weight transfer, no questions there.

- Drew

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have KYB AGX all around, they are bound/rebound adjustable.

My first thought is that full stiff in the front would keep the tires in contact with the pavement and help prevent wheel hop, but I get mixed ideas from others.

Thoughts?

I know going full stiff on the rear will help with weight transfer, no questions there.

- Drew
Since AGX's adjust Rebound and Compression at the same time, I'd be inclined to set the fronts pretty stiff. The increased compression is what helps keep the rear end from dropping, and the increased rebound should help keep the front end from lifting. Full stiff (front and rear) would be my best guess.

·
Registered
273 Posts
A good starting point would be full stiff in the rear and half up front. Granted, the AGX doesn't have a true middle so I go 3 up front to start.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is basically what I was thinking anyway.

We will see how it works.

- Drew

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It'll have drag radials

The airbag thing sounds interesting. .

- Drew

·
Go ahead - ask me how Chalz' huge, bulging, fearle
3,240 Posts
Drew what are your spring rates? Still a street driven car? Pity you can't set compression and rebound individually otherwise I'd say start with medium compression and fairly high rebound. If it's still a street driven car then I'd pretty much echo what everyone else has said and just turn the knobs as high as they go to start off. Too much compression can make it skatey but I doubt the AGXs are valved tight enough to make that an issue....especially with drag radials which should have ample sidewall deflection to help negate that problem.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It'll have drag radials

The airbag thing sounds interesting. .

- Drew
Your friend will be side wall, the more the better. Also, Id skip the drag radial, a slick works better and is less prone to wheel hop. When a radial wheel hops, it leads to thing being broken due to the extreme loading and unloading of the drivetrain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts