Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. maybe I am just brain fried from the Sun today but do I need a special tool or something for turning the collars to adjust the GC coil over sleeve ride height?

I just installed my GC coil overs with Eibach Race springs (550fronts 600 rears) and koni's

I was real conservative when I put them on since they seemed so short but now I am running like a 4x4 =/

I want to drop it but am not sure what I need to use. It looks like I should be able to do the rears without removing the wheels and such

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Jesus Christ!!!

We have a guy here on 350lb all four corners and konis full stiff on his focus....but you....take the cake!!

That is a friggin huge spring rate!!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
THATS WHAT IM TALKING BOUT

i need to ditch my h&r cup kit for your setup then get the 25mm rolls from H&R oh ya

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Haha.. Jay I know why you have it!

But if you also through on some 25mm sway bars on top of those really stiff spring rates, I don't think you'd be faster at all. Ultimately Stiff is not ultimately Better! But like I said, I think your setup is fine!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
:p ok so does anyone know how to adjust them ;p
I've never played with them, do they have the the perch with the collar like the H&R's? Unload the front, remove wheel, loosen the collar freely with that cool tool that Ground Control doesn't provide
or [censored] it up with some other tool, spin the collar down and then grab the spring itself spin the assembly down.....counting thread as you go....tighten the collar up there, repeat elsewhere. You may not be able to spin the spring with perch out back, but the perch should go down fine with the spring staying in place.

wait...I seem to recall GC just having an alan nut "squeeze" on the collar, if so, it's a snap and your "special tool" is in your box.

and remember that your toe will change with each turn.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Jay - Did you happen to take any pictures of the rear set-up? I'm thinking of getting the rear FC or GC sleeves with some custom springs (325ib/in) but I'd like to see what they look like first and how they perform on the track.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive got some pictures I havent uploaded yet. Both of the kit before I put it on and during install.

I got an allan wrench in the box. Thats what holds the collar. The rear perch is on top not the bottom which is different than the H&R.

Maybe it was the wrong size but I didnt see where a spanner wrench would fit in the collar

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
The rear perch is on top not the bottom which is different than the H&R.
perch on top? waddaheeeel you? A perch is a perch no? loosen the collar and spin that perch down using your super-human strength.

The H&R rear is as stock.

EDIT: Brainfart....the rears are NOT coil-overs, are they....forgot and dunno what GC uses.

I'll go quietly be ignorant now.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah the GC perch is on top of the spring and bolts to the crossmember thing there. It has a smaller none adjustable perch below the spring.

Oh well time to go get dirty and see if this works ;p

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright so it was much LESS complex than I thought which is why I could not figure it out.

Jack up the car
Remove the wheel
Loosen the allen bolt
hand turn the perch up or down (the whole spring and such will spin with it but the threaded part is bolted down
tighten allen bolt
put wheel on
lower car
done

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
yep....and a tip if you ever show your car....

you can lower the front all the way down and tuck a lil tire..but the rear does not do it!!

Just take the rear perch out and voila!!! Tucking rear too!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts