Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some advice for dealing with insurence company appraisers. I had a 2002 Steeda Focus ZX3. Was totalled in an accident saterday morning (i'm alright except everything hurts). So i've had my baby less then a year, payed around 20k or something like that when i bought it, with some extras ESP and all that jazz. They just called me this morning saying the estimators came back under $10k for the car! They said they would have to do some more 'research' when I questioned that 10k amount. They at first told me they only cover it based on what comes up by the VIN. And of course the serialed Steeda package wasn't listed on the VIN. I can't find a used 02 Steeda listed for sale anywhere and there are no Steeda dealers in the area. I'm not sure what I should do next to try to get something fair for the car. I sent them my window sticker this morning hoping that would help

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steeda has a serialization package thing with ford. Ford send the cars directly to steeda they are equiped with a certain package then sold through Ford Dealerships. the dealer didn't just put the parts on the car. I can't help but think a little research or a trip to the steeda website would have kept you from sounding uninformed

·
Registered
747 Posts
Originally posted by robbdj:
Steeda has a serialization package thing with ford. Ford send the cars directly to steeda they are equiped with a certain package then sold through Ford Dealerships. the dealer didn't just put the parts on the car. I can't help but think a little research or a trip to the steeda website would have kept you from sounding uninformed
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">can't ya contact the dealer to get a copy of the window sticker?

·
Registered
694 Posts
You need to have them talk to the dealer. By VIN it just comes up as a Focus but that's clearly not all that it was. Only problem might be that they were just insuring you based on VIN so.......I don't know how that would all work out. Point is that they need to talk to Steeda or the dealer to get sorted out that this was a complete car purchased new through the dealer and their valuation is wrong.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Look through your paperwork, hopefully the dealer sold you gap insurance that will cover any difference between the loan amount and what your insurance company pays. Not sure how it works with down payments though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts