Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AEM cai has a port that you take the actual sensor out of the mass air unit, and screw it in the intake. My question is does the Proflow come apart the same way, so I can still use my intake?

·
Registered
727 Posts
i thought that the only thing that calibration did was adjust for bigger injectors...

·
Registered
662 Posts
BTW, they even sell a Focus intake kit with the MAFS. From http://www.pro-flow.com/Product%20pages/new.html

Benefits include: 3x increase in airflow vs. stock; which is approximately 6% horsepower gain (Dyno testing pending). Stock airbox drops 30 inches of H2O, while the competitor's cold air kit drops 43 inches of H2O, and the Pro-M meter/cold air kit only drops 8.8 inches of H2O.

Kit Includes: cold air filter cover, 70mm mass air flow meter, 7 in. conical filter, 1 clamp, custom calibrated electronics. Replaces stock airbox and uses existing throttlebody hose/clamps.

Dennis Wingfield on the Pro-M Focus meter: "Based on a 2800# test weight and my previous best of 15.77 @ 88.08, that equates to 146 hp. My new best of 15.17 @ 90.5 calculates out to 160 hp... The numbers say it was a 14 horsepower improvement. The performance of your meter greatly exceeded my expectations!"

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
"Changing the electronics from one housing to another without recalibration may result in engine damage, poor idle quality, loss in performance, and/or poor fuel economy."

·
Registered
301 Posts
after reading the calprocess.htm I'm suprised that they have the consistency issues that they have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts