Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
My manicurist says I have low self esteem...
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently put the AEM cold air intake on and had a FC strut tower brace to install too, but found out that it won't clear over the intake. What strut tower braces (if any) work with the AEM CAI? Is there a way to make the FC strut tower brace work?

Mark

·
Registered
120 Posts
The only way to get it to fit is to cut the aem cai (the same spot where you would put your air bypass valve) and remove a couple inches of pipe. You can then use a piece of aem silicone tubing to connect the two cut end together, this will allow more clearing for the strut brace, but it will still be just above the air sensor on the intake tube.

This sounds like alot of work but it's really not, and you're going to have to make the cut on the intake pipe anyway if you plan on installing a air bypass valve. I've come to understand that the strut bar is more of a dress up peice for our cars anyway because the strut towers are so close to the firewall, they can barely flex anyway. That's just what I've heard here, I still ride with mine most of the time although it only fits with the silicone tubing on the intake and not when the airbypass valve is on.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
i have a FS strut tower brace and it fits perfect.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
If you need something to lean on under the hood, go with the FocusSport piece.
It will fit.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
has come in very handy when doing head swaps and you just need something to lean on, and it looks good. Other than that its pointless

1 - 5 of 5 Posts