Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the bypass valve I need to get for the SVT AEM CAI? is it the 2.25, 2.5, or 2.75 inch. I dont have the CAI on me right now to measure.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
I think it is 2.75
Either way they only list one part number for the focus. So that one should work for you

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
I went to a performance shop and they told me the aem bypass valve for the svt focus wasnt very affective at all...
That could be. I know there are several people with the CAI that don't use them and have no issues at all.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I went to a performance shop and they told me the aem bypass valve for the svt focus wasnt very affective at all...
That could be. I know there are several people with the CAI that don't use them and have no issues at all.
You have to submerge a good portion of a filter before it can pull water instead of air through it. So you either have to be really unlucky or really dumb to put yourself in a situation where you could hydrolock your engine.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Bypass valves are pretty useless IMO. They do not completely protect your filter if it was sprayed with water directly. You'd have to be an idiot to drive it through a deep puddle and completely submerge the filter, thats when the bypass valve actually works.

·
Registered
887 Posts
been running my AEM for over 2.5 years with no problems at all and it rains as hard in Houston as anywhere.

Forget the bypass valve - just don't drive stupid in standing puddled water and there is no issue. Just normal driving in heavy rain does not cause any problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts