Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the archives including SlickShoes' great coverage but couldn't find any references.

Do you need to raise the front of the car to install it? Does it make it that much easier if you do?

TIA,

DJ

·
Registered
883 Posts
It will only help because you'll be able to move your arms around freely. I'd suggest it because there are snug spaces and if you jack it up things will go more smoothly. If you don't want to then don't, it's not necessary.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Where on Long Island are you?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, SilverBulletZTS.

Dongnong, I'm an old hermit working out in the Bethpage area. I actually live in Queens but spend more time out driving in L.I. where the roads are nicer
. I especially like the area around Mill Neck, Oyster Bay and such. Nice wilderness areas around too.

DJ

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, SOMEBODY had to get a red one
... or vermilion as they now call it - is it a different shade? My previous ZX3 was Infrared, and people have commented the SVTF's color looks a little different (and nicer). Funny, red was about my last choice when I leased the ZX3 but that was all I could get with my options in the short time frame I needed. After three years I got to really like it and special-ordered my SVTF red ... err, vermilion. And no tickets so far!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Dhananjaya, I just installed mine today. I didn't jack it up at all and it went fine. The only time you need to get under the car is to screw down the rubber mount from the bottom of the radiatoer bracket. Everything else can be done from a standing position.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SilverBulletZTS - Thanks for the feedback! I think it's time to get it done, what with the hot weather. I do hope it's not too noisy
!

DJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts