Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys does anyone have any tips, pics, etc... I got mine today and I'm going to install it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
its super easy if you take out the battery to install it.

I think you need a 10mm for the bracket on it.

Oh and get a bypass valve

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just did my Friends Aem Cai..pretty much easy installation..The Only problem i had were the rubber mounts..You Need a 13mm socket and 10mm socket and the Torx Screwdriver is supplied to get the mass air sensor off(I didn't notice that and spent two hours trying to find one to buy

·
Registered
239 Posts
oops not finished.... Anyways Pm me if you need some help I will be on and off throughout the day..grrr

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I wanna put one on my Automatic ZX3... I have seen pics of it before on an auto..

I might have to "borrow" a fellow jetters AEM CAI at a G2G to see if it will work..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Iceman The Zx3 I installed the aem cai was on a automatic tranny..Very noticable gain especially in RPM'S...
Went from shifting at 5500 rpm's to shifrting at 6500 rpm's..A Must for Auto Tranny Racers..

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
so the tranny fluid dipstick wasnt in the way of the tubing or was it a tight fit???

also..what year was the ZX3 that you installed it on??

mines a 2000

·
Registered
239 Posts
No Actually the zx3 is a 2002..Nothing was in the way..Fit like it was meant to be there..(Like all AEM products.

·
Registered
105 Posts
AEM rocks... i had my CAI installed by a shop though since I had no tools... I would definatly recommend the water bypass-valve though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Originally posted by switched:
AEM rocks... i had my CAI installed by a shop though since I had no tools... I would definatly recommend the water bypass-valve though.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What size by-pass is it??? 2.5"? 2.75"?? Or 3"???

·
Registered
293 Posts
where do u get the by-pass valves? i want one for my car. thanks.
daniel

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
AEM's second version of their CAI will work on Automatics as well as Manuals.

I am getting rid of my bypass valve.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts