Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, im new to the board and i am really interested in purchasing the AEM CAI for my car. Enclosed in this is a pic of what it looks like. I seriously want an intake for xmas but i dont want the iceman (plastic just doesnt seem effective to me). Please give me your thoughts on this intake or some others if u feel as if they would be better.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
my filter doesn't look like that!

My tale of intakes

1st: Iceman felt good, but still kinda anemic

2nd: Added Cool/Flo to iceman. Huge difference in throttle response. same volume but throttle response was right there.

3rd: Traded iceman/coolflo for AEM. feels the same as the iceman/coolflo, except the filter gets dirty reaaaaally quick.

·
Registered
727 Posts
i have the bomz intake. same thing as the AEM minus the brand name. I love it! it's ballsy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you think i should purchase the Cool-Flo and an Ice-Man instead of the AEM?? the AEM looks good but everything ive read about the Ice-Man people havent really noticed that much of a hp and sounds change.. =/ maybe im misinformed

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have an AEM CAI chrome and i love it, But those knock-off Bomz (whateva da phuk) Really are a good deal man, although i do not know what they are made of or what the quality is...you would have enough money man for a UDP and a flex pipe (for a little more flow added)plus ur cold air intake just like the aem.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by JinX:
So you think i should purchase the Cool-Flo and an Ice-Man instead of the AEM?? the AEM looks good but everything ive read about the Ice-Man people havent really noticed that much of a hp and sounds change.. =/ maybe im misinformed
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No he's saying it's the same. He traded with me
, so I can also say the two feel the same. If you choose NEW parts though, the Iceman/Cool-Flo will cost more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts