Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone out there using this intake? If so, have you dyno'd it? Did placing the sensor directly into the tube create any issues with air/fuel?

I plan on selling a comparable part, but am unsure if it really works well.

Can anyone help?

Rob

[ 10-04-2002, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: zonker ]

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've had my AEM intake for about 3 months now and I love it. It gave a great power increase and really opened up the intake side of the engine. Dyno proof...i dont have them scanned, but I got 6HP and 6lb-ft at peak. Here is SCC's dyno graph of theirs, it looked a little like mine.
They also said they were unsure of their dyno's accuracy below 3000, which is true of all dynos i guees....so...

[ 10-04-2002, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: ruggedman ]

·
Registered
294 Posts
You dont get nearly the same amount with a hot air intake. Due to lack of anyone acutally dynoing any other intakes, he's the company dyno for focus sport for the cool flo, we all know to never believe a "biased" dyno too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, this is good info - sounds like the drop the sensor into the tube deal works ok... I was worried about the sampling tube being off, and the loss of the venturi effect from not having a a hourglass shape in the tube as well.

This warrants me doing the intake as planned...

Regards,
Rob Green

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by zonker:
Thanks guys, this is good info - sounds like the drop the sensor into the tube deal works ok... I was worried about the sampling tube being off, and the loss of the venturi effect from not having a a hourglass shape in the tube as well.

This warrants me doing the intake as planned...

Regards,
Rob Green
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well....granted that the pipe is the same size as the stock pipe, dropping the MAF in will work. BUT as to my knowledge the AEM is the only one to have done the math and made the pipe the right size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts