Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought a used AEM intake about a month ago and it was
really felt the gain of course outside was about 25 degrees, well right now its about 62 degrees but my car takes of slower then it did when it was really cold, whats the problem I dont have a heatshield the rpm really goes slower up thats all I can say anybody have this problem? Do I have to worry? tx.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Short Rams draw in Hot air from the engine. If you don't have a heat sheild like a Volant or Cool-Flo, you're gonna have a really boggy engine this summer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
has anyone ever extended the air path to the front? ghetto-style like with tubing like on dryers and such? i searched and didnt find much.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by mathew_bray:
has anyone ever extended the air path to the front? ghetto-style like with tubing like on dryers and such? i searched and didnt find much.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I used to have that and I KNOW there are some others who have.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hey jet, is that a Focus Sport tower brace?? I was trying to find out if it will work with the AEM shorty...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
408 Posts
I made one just like Jet Powered. I made it out of sheet metal. The engine deffinently felt less boggy. And when I opened my hood after a drive, I could feel the temp diff, between the filter side and the engine side of the heat shield. I would deffinently leave the snorkel on their, and possibly even get an SVT snorkel. I just bought a cold air, so mabye by the weekend I can post pics of my heatshield so you can make your own. PM me if you want good pics.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
They have heat shields on ebay. Do a seach for focus heat shield or something like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts