Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had trouble installing my AEM Short Ram and complained to AEM and the retailer. AEM told me the unit the retailer had shipped me was obsolete and had been redesigned. Retailer took back the first one and shipped the (majorly) redesigned one which went on like a hot knife through butter and works beautifully. So props to AEM but a warning to Short Ram customers: there are obsolete units out there so if you encounter trouble, make sure you purchase the redesigned one. The new one has soft, pliable rubber on the cone filter--if you get one with hard rubber, send it back. The new one also anchors to the distributor instead of to the valve cover and the MAFS is extracted from the old housing, inserted into the AEM chrome tube, and screwed down.

·
Registered
328 Posts
so is aem replacing the older units or is this just a redesigned one? i've got one that mounts to the valve cover.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AEM is not replacing them but the retailer did since the model they shipped me was, essentially, outmoded (at least easier to install!) I don't know WHEN it was redesigned--whether your retailer might replace yours would depend on whether the new model existed when they sold you yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts