Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have prices on this yet? I've been searching the web but can't find them yet.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Right now they are only avaialable for the JDM folks. I'm not sure when we'll see it for the focus. But looks interesting. It only gains 1-2 HP over the previous AEM, so definately no reason to trade up if you already have one.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Rather than explain it.. I grabbed a pic. Here it is:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a dual tube design and it's supposed to be more effiecent by helping the whole power band.

304 Posts
Originally posted by SilverBulletZTS:
Anyone have prices on this yet? I've been searching the web but can't find them yet.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">from what i've seen, i think it's gonna run about $80 more than the standard cold air intake. i'd guess now that sites are most likely gonna try to rip off focus owners even more than they already do and charge us like $400! (when it comes out for our car) i don't know if i'd jump on this immediately when it comes out for us either, cuz the prices will go down eventually. this is unless you don't have an intake and extremely want this one.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Originally posted by everyone-needs-a-clear-focus:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by SilverBulletZTS:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">from what i've seen, i think it's gonna run about $80 more than the standard cold air intake. i'd guess now that sites are most likely gonna try to rip off focus owners even more than they already do and charge us like $400! (when it comes out for our car) i don't know if i'd jump on this immediately when it comes out for us either, cuz the prices will go down eventually. this is unless you don't have an intake and extremely want this one.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">plus im sure they'll redesign it a few times also!

·
Registered
402 Posts
lets just make a intake with a ten inch tube and say it gains 50hp. sell it for 390$. sounds good to me. ill make up the dyno results too. there is an ass for every seat.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
woohoo and then when it hits the MAF, you can get another bottleneck. and we thought one was bad. ill second that, how does this make power?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
i could car less about the intake...but now they finally have a filter that would fit the 70mm maf decently

·
Registered
489 Posts
I thought that flow was only as good as the smallest opening...uh its large diameter beginings still end in the ole' regular size...so what? I dont understand how they made this...Unless maybe Weapon R really designed it maybe APC...Wicked intakes make up to 34 HP (well on a 600 HP Turbo engine @45psi) Get yours today for 500.00!!!!!!!!

I can pick fun because i own a (regular i think but extinct) AEM cai....

robert

1 - 16 of 16 Posts