Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been recently hearing about aerochargers inside of Ford Focus'. I did some research and find their pretty inexpensive compared to turbo or super charging sysytems and are claimed to give you 50% power over your stock motor w/o any other mods. First of all..

#1. How dependable are these aerochargers?

and second of all..

#2. How many Foci owners on Focaljet actually own an aerocharger?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh...so they don't exist no more??

·
Registered
52 Posts
They didn't go out of business, they just got caught up in a fairly large product run and haven't had the time or resources to get back into gear with the focus.

·
Registered
446 Posts
There are lots of members on this board that are using the Aerocharger turbo kit. It's not a bad kit, the only thing needed is fuel management although u can use the Aerocharger SFMS. But that 5th injector setup is not the best option, it's better to get a standalone system or MIC.

The kit is limited to certain hp, I believe the maximum you'll want to make is around 220 whp. I don't know if Aerocharger will have plan to upgrade the turbo, I emailed and called them several times but seems like no one wants to pick up the phone or answer my questions.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Here is a commment from an Aerocharger distributor

David,
We cannot get an aerocharger turbo. Aerodyne has closed. There is a remote possibilty that it will re-open at a later date.
Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
Stephanie

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Who/where/when did that quote come from?

Time to call AeroJim again. Haven't talked with him for a while.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Rob, I got that email yesterday, from Bell engineering, they are the sole distributor the aerodyne oil.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Are they still rebuilding turbos? Mine needs to be done and I haven't the slightest idea of how to contact them. P-51, if you know who I can talk to about getting my turbo rebuilt
will you please let me know? I fear my boosting days may be over...

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I talked to Jim at the track in upstate NY about a month or so ago. He seemed to believe that Aerocharger at the end of fall would be in line to retool and startup the turbo production again.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Bela, Corky Bell has been saying that for over a year, I don't know why. It's probably the same story it's been for over a year:

-Corky telling people they are closed
-Jim and Gerhard still answering phones.
-Aerocharger says they are working on some big project, but should be able to make more kits in another month or so.

It's been going on forever.

The only facts are, Aerocharger is still in business, but not making kits, and are in a perpetual state of being a few months away from kit production.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Bela, Corky Bell has been saying that for over a year, I don't know why. It's probably the same story it's been for over a year:

-Corky telling people they are closed
-Jim and Gerhard still answering phones.
-Aerocharger says they are working on some big project, but should be able to make more kits in another month or so.

It's been going on forever.

The only facts are, Aerocharger is still in business, but not making kits, and are in a perpetual state of being a few months away from kit production.
LOL ok... well I did call Aerocharger like 4 times, and didn't get through, and sent an email to Jim, with no answer (but I really didn't expect one, hes probably so hammered). It's nice to find out they are still around though. I mean I did get an answering machine once hehe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts