Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a diablo chip yesterday and have about 80 miles on it. On my ride home tonight, the car stalled while I was doing about 65 on the highway. It fired right back up once i got off the highway. It then flashed the CEL and was fine. I was 3 or 4 miles from home and didn't have a problem after that. Let me know if anyone has an idea of what it could be. I will let you know if it happens again.
Mike
also (-------) came up on the display and all the needles dropped.

[ 10-28-2002, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: mwizz ]

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
might b the connection, u might have 2 go back into ur ecu and scrubb it down just a lil more or perhaps theres a spot on the backside u only just barely got...the dashes and guage drop is what occurs when its not connected right...so perhaps has u were drivin it was jarred just slightly...also make sure all other connections 2 ecu r tight (principly the main bolt 4 the harness)

hope this helps, and hope u enjoy the chip.

-Ult

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a few threads in the search saying the contacts should be gold/copper color. Most of them were still silver. I recleaned all of them and they are now a pretty copper color. I also made sure to tape the chip tightly in place. I know it wasn't in right because I fell a difference now, which I didn't feel the first time.

The bolt on the harness was squeeking as I tightened it, so I was afraid to break it. How do I know it is tight enough?

Can I insert and remove this chip with out disconnecting the battery? I know the keys shouldn't be near the car when I insert or remove the chip. I was curious if I could just pop the glove box down and take it out when I go to the dealer.

Thanks,
mike

[ 10-29-2002, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: mwizz ]

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Can I insert and remove this chip with out disconnecting the battery?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">NO!!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by demonfire:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Can I insert and remove this chip with out disconnecting the battery?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">NO!!!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No where in the Diablosport or the Superchips instructions does it say you should disconnect your battery. Only, do not have the keys in the ignition or run any of the accessories. Disconnecting the battery is an additional precautionary step, but not mandatory.

So, yes, you can take your chip out and put it back in with your battery connected. Just don't have any of your accessories on, ie the radio. Remember, your radio will work without your keys...

BTW, if you still don't have your Diablosport or Superchip install sheets, see http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/pcm.htm

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Originally posted by demonfire:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Can I insert and remove this chip with out disconnecting the battery?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">NO!!!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">undo.

I do that all the time. whenever I drop it off at the dealer, i just pull the chip.

·
Registered
944 Posts
no need to disconnect the battery but make sure to have your keys out of the ignition. that will **** up your PATS and your car won't start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts