Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install or have installed new leathers on their interior. One thing I really don't like is that woven cloth middle insert in the stock SVT seats. I would like a full leather seat with a similar color scheme. Probably with the middle panel with perforations.

Anyone upgrade their seat covers to full leather? If so, where did you get it?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I see no reason to do this. I like the cloth inserts. They look sporty, they stay alot cooler than leather would when it gets hot, thier comfy, blah blah blah...

I get more compliments on my seats than anything else on my car.

·
Registered
476 Posts
same here, there is just the right amount of leather in the car, and the red inserts on a red car like mine just make it match and say "DRIVE ME"

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see no reason to do this. I like the cloth inserts. They look sporty, they stay alot cooler than leather would when it gets hot, thier comfy, blah blah blah...
I can appreciate that you "see no reason to do this". After all, these things are very subjective. However, my post asked not for an opinion on how people "felt" about the idea, rather for a individual that might have actualy done this and where thay may have found such an item.

·
Registered
476 Posts
you could consider Katzkin that are covers that are leather, that is about all I could help ya though (check out group buys to find out more about Katzkin), good luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you could consider Katzkin that are covers that are leather, that is about all I could help ya though (check out group buys to find out more about Katzkin), good luck
Thanks, I will look Katzkin up.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I can appreciate that you "see no reason to do this". After all, these things are very subjective. However, my post asked not for an opinion on how people "felt" about the idea, rather for a individual that might have actualy done this and where thay may have found such an item.
Well then to answer your question, no I dont have seat covers and I've never seen an SVT with covers. But like he said check out the GB forum for the info on the Katzkin GB. Consider what you're buying though. The standard ZX3 guys that buy these covers come from a regular cloth interior, therfore they are going from completle cloth to complete leather. For the same price you will be going from leather trimed to full leather. So you're really paying more for less.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How about trying a good local upholstery shop?? Lots of places do aftermarket interiors, so maybe a colored and perforated leather insert in place of the cloth could be done reasonably cheap?? Personally I think that would be pretty cool since perf. leather breathes and "sweats" a lot better than smooth. I've thought about that myself aka BMW M coupe interior scheme, but until the cloth wears out I'll leave well enough alone.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aside from my preference for the look of perforated leather inserts, I have the same problem others here have expressed over the blue cloth inserts - namely stains that seem to come from nowhere and are difficult to remove. Leather is easy to keep clean, looks classy, and feels good on the bottom.

As I said, these are all personal tase issues. My personal tastes just seem to gravitate towards all leather. I could even imagine perforated yellow leather inserts and door inserts. I have seen a few S2000s like this and they looked very sharp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts