Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone considered or tried getting some of the cheap projector headlights off ebay and taking the lights out (the whole socket and everything) and putting Catz or PIAA fog or bumper mount lights in?

i have seen those type aftermarket headlights on 3rd gen RX-7's and it looks bad ass.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Re: RX-7 style headlights

so the thread should be called "aftermarket RX-7 style headlights"

and actually, i think there is a set of covered projectors around... on ebay somewhere.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

Funny, is was thinking along these lines myself. I've seen where you can get Hella projectors and H1 high beams "loose" for about $55 each. But I don't own any Ebay special lamps so I'm not sure if the mounting points would line up right.

I might plunk down the $250 to get the lamps, then decide whether I need better quality light output after using them.

Now what that has to do with RX-7s...?

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Now what that has to do with RX-7s...?
there is a pic of an RX-7 with these type of lights in almost every issue of Sport Compact Car, a 3rd Gen RX-7 with these type of lights.. damn i gotta get a scanner...i guess im not describing them right...
its basically a halo projector shell, with two different aftermarket driving lights in the holes..... i know someone else has seen these so help me out in describing them...

thanks

·
Registered
860 Posts

i know someone else has seen these so help me out in describing them...

thanks
Wait...Do they light up when you turn them on??

...Sorry my drunk self isnt much help here, but I think I know what you mean...Describing them is another matter altogether, though...Sorry...

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

im talking about useing the cheap ass ebay projectors and ripping the light housings out of them, and putting in CATZ or PIAA fog/driving lights in them (the complete light housing not just a bulb)

http://www.rx7city.com/readers2.htm

the third and fourth ones, blue and white..

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

http://www.rx7city.com/readers2.htm

the third and fourth ones, blue and white..
ok..i finally put pics up about what i was talking about...
has anyone done this or thought about doing this by gutting the cheap ebay projectors??

·
Registered
275 Posts

In the new issue of H.C.I. there are some rx-7's with celica headlights and that would look very badass on a foci.

·
Registered
50 Posts

What makes you think they gutted cheapo lights and put in fog lights and driving lights? If you could do it and if it looked good, it would still be illegal... even good Hella's or PIAs arent't the same beam pattern as proper headlights, it's not a great idea.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

one of the San Antonio had something like this going on with his car, I couldnt tell you if he still does, but it looked awsome

·
Banned
379 Posts

you can't necessarily have a cheap enough housing to the point where you should trash it and replace it with something expensive... the ones on ebay now that are covered look good, i would roll those

1 - 13 of 13 Posts