1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
231 Posts
It says it will...besides the stock header on the SVT is supposed to be the best, why waste the money on this?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yes it will fit, but you will have to buy a different Cat for it. You will most likely loose power with that one. Stick with the stock SVT header, it was designed my Cosworth (GOOD STUFF!).

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Thats just a shorty header for the regular Zetec engine.
The website is wrong, besides the stock header is just about perfect.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Yes that is for the zx3 not the SVT. It will bolt right up, but then you'd have to either fabricate a new downpipe to get to the cat or buy the zx3 exhaust components (which will lose power).

Dont touch our header. If you want something pretty just get your ceramic coated!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
the stock header is the absolute best header for our cars. period.
Slight hijack...In the first month of ownership, I learned that the lowest point on this car is the exhaust header as it snakes to the cat.

I was slightly rolling downhill toward a parking lot stopper and *dong!* my header stops the car. I looked under and found a small dent about 1-3/4 by 3/4 inch (plus a scrape). No other apparent damage. Here are a couple of pictures:

My question is this: Is this bad enough to have an effect on the engine output?

I dynoed at 148 fwhp/134 ft.-lbs. TQ several months ago with a K&N intake, Wayne's SCT tune, and an RT HFC. I figured that fell within the statistical range for this car, but wondered whether the header ding might knock off some power (slight though it might be). Would it be worth swapping in a new one at some point, say if a PW SC is added?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
very similar to what happened to my header, and why we replaced it with a new one. my damage was worse, and i could tell no noticeable difference while driving. you'll be alright.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I have slightly worse damage on my header, and it runs fine, but no dyno evidence to back it up.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
I dinged my header when I took my SVTF home after I bought her and was pulling in to my parking space the header stopped my car and not the tires on the parking block.It seems the header does hang lower on the SVTF's compared to the regular Focus models.After that I learned not to pull in too close anymore.Performance wasn't affected at all so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts