How difficult is this to put on?
How long does it take?
What are the gains from it and are
they noticable?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Re: AFX UDP from [url]www.newedgeperformance.com[/url]

Lee, you'll find that the UDP topic has been discussed to death. Ever heard of beating a dead horse? Well, this one is into BDSM...

Do a search and you'll get a wealth of info. Pretty much, it's a straightforward installation. Hardest part is getting the pulley off the crank - unless you have an impact gun. Outside of that, you have to make sure that you shave the guard just right or the belt will rub and cause problems.

As far as gains are concerned, you won't really notice any paint fying off your car, but you'll see that your engine revs a lot more "free". It won't seem as though it has to struggle as much to speed up. For the money, I would suggest the Focus Central 3-piece pulley kit. You retain your stock belt, plus you don't have to worry about your lights and whatnot dimming when you sit at idle. I currently have the Esslinger UDP, but I've got the FC set sitting in my garage waiting to be put in (just have to get a new belt).

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

4-5whp..very noticable..about 20 min to install..easy..good..yess..buy!

·
Registered
174 Posts

afx pulley is the cheapest, lightest, best pully available which will yeild the best gains. dont go for any other. I got mine from newedge

[email protected]

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

Originally posted by SYMBIOTIX:
afx pulley is the cheapest, lightest, best pully available which will yeild the best gains. dont go for any other. I got mine from newedge

[email protected]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">DITTO!!!!

Easy install. Impact gun is recommended.

·
Registered
707 Posts

nevermind

[ 11-29-2002, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: galeano ]

·
Registered
258 Posts

pretty much what everybody else said. it's pretty easy to put on, but make sure you have access to an impact gun. from what i have read, it is not impossible without one, but i can't imagine doing it over without an impact gun. also, just to emphasize how easy this is, i am only 17 and i did it with the help of a couple friends. about an hour or so. good luck!

·
Registered
537 Posts

Those with the tiny little AFX UDP how bad do you notice the dimming effect, and other effects on your car because of it at idle?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

Originally posted by JaySD:
Those with the tiny little AFX UDP how bad do you notice the dimming effect, and other effects on your car because of it at idle?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I had it along with 700wts of audio system..I got no dumming at idle..

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

hehe dumming vince hahaha

anyways the afx is b'g considered as a future purchase of mine. i had an essy, had 2 sell 2 pay a bill.

-Ult

[ 11-29-2002, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
hehe dumming vince hahaha

anyways the afx is b'g considered as a future purchase of mine. i had an essy, had 2 sell 2 pay a bill.

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">who are you calling a dummy!!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

dumming, not dummy...

look at ur above post ahahaha

silly boy, passionate moments w/sadie clouded ur head?

-Ult

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

W/ an Impact gun, you could do it in 20 minutes easily. The 2 hardest parts are undoing the annoying fasteners in the fenderwell, and feeding the belt into place, neither of which is very hard at all, just tedious.

BTW, dimming is EXTREMELY minimal, and how often do you need 100% Bright while at idle anyway???

·
Registered
402 Posts

i installed the kit with no impact wrench(gun). just a little elbow greese. just me and my sockets and a torque wrench.

·
Registered
799 Posts

Install was not difficult, you'll need the right tools, like an impact gun to tighten the udp bolt.

Gains are a little noticable, improved acceleration. There was actually dimming of my lights with the stock udp, after afx went in, all my lights are bright as they should be.

No dimming or any other problems at all. the afx udp is a great mod, got mine from ptuning.com for $105 shipped

·
Registered
51 Posts

I wanted to check out to see if there was acutally a dimming effect on my car after i installed my udp. I have a 1200 watt system, and i idled in my driveway with my brights on and my system blarin' and i had no dimming

·
Registered
560 Posts

I had no dimming with my AF/X UDP also.. and I've had mine for a year already

GET IT!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts