Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to clean and reoil my air filter but I am not sure what oil to use. I have also heard you can use tranny fluid as well. Is there an air filter specific oil I should be using?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Yes there is special oil for this purpose. Go to a local auto parts / speed shop and ask them for a K&N air charger kit. This kit has both the cleaner and oil. Don't over oil, too much oil will cause oil to get on your MAF sensor and kill it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Before you do that, maybe tell us what type of air filter you have? K&N, AFE, etc... I would assume not stock...

·
Registered
295 Posts
I want to clean and reoil my air filter but I am not sure what oil to use. I have also heard you can use tranny fluid as well. Is there an air filter specific oil I should be using?
He say's he wants to clean and reoil.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a K&N cone on one car and a pleated on the other. Is there a cost effective option to the "Official" $7-$8 K&N oil?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a Ractive filter with the heat shield. I called Toucan motorsports and they told me it could be washed and reused.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
the $10 recharge kit is well worth the money... it lasts quite a while.

the ractive filter can be cleaned with the k&n kit.

i recommend upgrading that filter. i used to have it, it's horribly small, and i think stock outflows it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Should I just replace the filter itself, or replace the entire intake?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts