Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am having problems with my air fuel gauge. I have had the gauge installed for about 4 months with no problems. The LED lights would sweep back and forth during normal driving, show full rich under WOT, and show full lean during deceleration. A few days ago I started up my car and none of the LED lights were on. After about 3 minutes of driving the first lean (red) LED came on and was steady. Then a few minutes later the first 3 lean LED's were on. Then a few minutes later it started sweeping back and forth from lean to rich to lean like it did before, except it would only light up the first few rich (green) LED's. Before it would go all the way rich, then all the way lean, and so on. Under WOT it doesnt go full rich anymore. It only lights up the first few rich (green) LED's. Also under and under deceleration it drops off the scale. Almost like it is getting a low reading from the O2 sensor across the board. I didnt notice any difference in the performance of the car so i figured it must be the upstream O2 sensor failing(the one the gauge is wired into). I replaced that and nothing changed. The guage still acted the same way. Then a day later the CEL came on and the car would stumble under partial throttle at low rpms. I got the cel checked and it was P0401. I replaced the DPFE sensor, reset the computer, and the stumble dissapeared. However the Air Fuel gauge is still doing the same thing. The CEL came on again this morning. I am going to get it checked after work today. Do you guys have any opinions on why the guage would be doing this. Could it be possible that the engine is running leaner than it should be and the guage is correct. What could cause this? My mods are, volant intake, Pro Flow Mass air, 65mm throttle body, race header with 02 chater on downstream 02 sensor, bosal flex, bosal exhaust, 2 piece underdrive pullies, and diablo sport chip with stock program. Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Jeremie

1 - 1 of 1 Posts