Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed my cosworth header and flex last night and have no idea what to do with the air injection tube. The tube that went to the rail above the stock exhaust manifold.
Also, does everyone just leave the other two 02 sensors unpluged? Or do they just leave them hanging?

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
you can just take the whole air injection bit off the car.. follow the hose down the to area opposite the cai filter.. .. on the pass side.. theres a funny looking thing near the a/c component.. just take it off.. youll prob have to put it on for smog ... but it will remove some weight and get rid of that hose going across the engine bay

·
EAT MORE CORN DAMNIT!!!!
3,070 Posts
Also, does everyone just leave the other two 02 sensors unpluged? Or do they just leave them hanging?
You have 3 O2 sensors????

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright so I just went to auto zone to check my engine light. And there scanner said system link error. What's the deal with that?

·
EAT MORE CORN DAMNIT!!!!
3,070 Posts
Alright so I just went to auto zone to check my engine light. And there scanner said system link error. What's the deal with that?
Do you have the Cosworth ECU changes??? I threw a code and mine did the same thing. I think VatoZone uses cheap scanners. However, I unhooked my battery for 5 min and now the CEL is gone.

·
Registered
422 Posts
one time i had a check engine light and also went to autozone. system link error came up just like yours, but i reset the battery for about 5 min. and its good now. no cel for about 2000 miles. i dont know what happened

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
We have a slightly different ECU setup than most cars. Since we run a CANbus network to the ECU, the store will need an updated scanner that works with CANbus. My guess is the store is running an OBD-2 only scanner without the CANbus protocal.

·
Registered
545 Posts
yep...not even the smog program has the updated protocol and even snap-on just released the update for the brick scanner about a month ago. autozone won't have it for a while.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Thats another thing the Xcal 2 is good for.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I got the light turned off. I just plugged the two o2 sensors that are not used back into there little home and zip tied them out of the way. No light

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright so the light came back on

·
EAT MORE CORN DAMNIT!!!!
3,070 Posts
Have you tried reseting the computer???

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sure have.
Anyone know how to read the codes without taking it to vatozone since they don't have the update to read it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts