Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so which air intake is the best they all look the same which are all made the same way so whats the difference between spending alot or a little so anyone that has a aem intake to injen mac iceman so please tell me which of these systems shows to have the most effect on a engine any graphs would be very nice

·
Registered
428 Posts
The price has alot to do with quality of the product and also how complete the setup is. Some people think that the Iceman is a ripoff because it is made out of plastic instead of aluminum. PLastic has many advantages over the aluminum in this application. It allows the air to remain cool as it passes by the engine. If you are looking for an intake that will give you torque go with the iceman, if you are looking for top end hp then go with something that has a cone filter (AEM, Volant,...) I personaly have the Iceman. I have removed the stock air box though and am using a cone filter. With this setup I can easily change back to the stock airbox if I desire having more torque. Hope this helps with some of your questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts