Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone taken off their airbox resonator. i saw it on the my ford focus site and wondered if anyone else has done it and what the results were.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can it cause any ill-effects to your car?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when you say "worth it" what do you mean? it doesn't sound like its all that hard to do. its below the filter so i wouldn't think it would hurt anything. does it really sound any different?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah it sounds different....gives a sportier sound without being annoying....but as far as performance it does not really give any....makes you sound faster though

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I "removed" mine.... it became permanent when I discovered I had broken it beyond repair.

No power boost to speak of. Just a lot more noise, particularly in cold weather. I'm not sure I'd call it "sporty" either. It sounded sportier in my opinion before I took it off. Now it just sounds like my mom's old Chevette.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i did it and it does sound better, makes me wonder what in intake sounds like. no change in performance though as far as i noticed. and yeah i broke the two clips on the top, probably b/c its fricken cold outside but i guess that's why we have epoxyies and such to repair things like that if need be. it does help the sound though, basically what i expected for free.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chevette? mine's not that loud, only when you get on it and you can't even hear a diff until about 3500 to 4000 rpms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts