Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my hella dual headlights in last night and installed them. They look really good, but they need to be painted. I was browsing through sears looking for a paint gun to paint the house I just bought and was wondering if I could paint my headlights and mouldings with it. It was an airless paint gun that said it could spray all paint and stains. Im just wondering if that gun could work with automotive paint? Also where can I buy paint for it. btw my car is black so I dont think color matching would be that big of a deal.

Anybody else here have the hellas? I have a couple small questions.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody? Hey I also had a few quick questions. what do I do with that thin piece of foam stuff it comes with. It didnt come with very much, and when i unpeeled it, it wasnt sticky at all so i couldnt stick it anywhere? also how is your beam pattern on your headlights. mine is like __/__/ is this normal? should i adjust them so they are perfectly flat? Has anyone changed the bulbs in there headlights to like silverstars, or laser blues from autozone. will I still get the rainbow effect where the beam cuts out at? do I have to remove my whole headlight to change the bulbs?

·
Registered
29 Posts
as for the airless paint gun, i don't think that it will work for you straight out of the box. it will put on to much paint, now if you could get a different tip for the gun that would cut down on the amount of the paint sprayed then you could try it. i have an airless gun and have used it on a house before and it puts like 5 coats on at once. way to thick for car paint. all you'll get is runs. as for the hella's i have no idea that is an upgrade that i haven't gotten yet.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Is that what you just got Erik?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts