Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been on here a while but haven't posted much. i've been on the other site a lot but stuck in my region specific area mainly to chat. Figured I'd pop in and give an update on wtf I'm doing car wise and going to use this thread as my mass multi-car log / build thread / w/e else you want to call it.

Brief History.

I used to own a 2003 5-dr SVTF

The focus had a Trubenz 2.5" cat-back with a Borla Muffler (non-rez), and a FSWerks (Focus Sport back then) Cool-flo sri. CFM Short Throw and full VF poly mounts.

Exhaust Video

Then this happened end of 2010 (cuz brakes is hard)

IMG]http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss203/03Aku87/Focus%20Got%20Rear%20Ended%2011-16-10/CIMG4083.jpg[/IMG]

I wanted to turbo the SVT so I ended up just saying 'well why the hell not get a car with a trubo already?'

Picked up this

That car had a random brand CAI and Diverter Valve, a hacked up Raceland 3" catless dp mated to 2.5" 42DD cat-back, a Untitronics Stg 2 tune and a Boost/Oil Pressure gauge. And A lot of green stickers on the rear window....

Then Winters is hard and bald all-seasons aren't ideal so I made real good friends with concrete high-way dividers.... Only had the car 4 months.... (happened Feb '11)

Decided I wasn't done with turbo euro fever so I picked up a silver one to replace it in March '11

Swapped the gauges over cuz I liked them. Then after a few months I decided that I got bored of slow so I picked up another down pipe (and a set of coilovers while I was at it) and swapped the tune from the old car over too.

Friend with the same car put his to stock so I stole his notch filled hood and badgless grill (sorry for ultra gay edited photo. only one I have uploaded)

Bought some replica oem projectors from another buddy and cracked em open to paint black. Tightens up the front end a lot!

Plasti-dipped roof black (came out pretty terrible but I liked the idea (eventually got vinyl wrapped.. more on that later)

Then finally got around to getting the proper spacers and some fender love time to slap the grid boys on (17x9 et 35)

At some point in here I picked up my 2nd car (the summer toy). But since I still have that I'll wait till the end to post it so moving on to next DD

A really good buddy (also on this site) got BMW fever and it rubbed off on me so I sold the Jetta (to people who removed plasti-dip and did vinyl instead) in April '12 and picked up a clean E30 325iX sedan.

Clean interior was clean for it being an '89

After only 3 months, and doing some BMW research I got really nervous at how different the iX was from the normal 2wd 325's and the expenses I was going to incur trying to keep it running and clean so I unloaded that car June '12 I used the money from that to buy a bike (also more on that later cuz I still have).

I DD'd the bike and my summer toy car for a few months until Just before the winter '12 winter hit.

I ended up buying the Same silver Jetta back from the guy I sold it too and daily'd that all winter. Ended up putting a Tsudo full 3" cat-back on it as well shortly after buying it back (no pictures of that).

Didn't plan on getting rid of that car until my dad told me his co-worker was unloading a car that I have always wanted and well he gave me too good of a deal on the car to pass up.. so I had to quickly sell the Jetta (again) and pick this up late March '13.

I present the current Daily Driver. The 2004 Tornado Red Volkswagen .:R32

Needed new shocks so I picked these up (go on tonight hopefully)

Also ready to go in hopefully tomorrow is a Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS double din radio and all the stuffs to wire in the amp/sub from the Focus.

Now onto my baby girl. The summer fun/toy/because racecar. I am the 2nd owner and picked this up from my brother mid 2011 with 32k on the clock.

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Stock Exhaust Video

P-dipped grill black

Custom Camo 8-ball shifter I made and a suede shift boot with silver stitching

Custom suede wrapped the steering wheel with the same silver stitching as the boot to match

Picked up a used HKS true-duel exhaust off the Forums and slapped that on her.

Video of that. (good part starts at 2 min mark)

Cracked open the head lights and painted those housings black.

Ordered me a set of Motordyne ART pipes (resonated test pipes)

Don't have a video yet with those on because...well I don't really have an excuse.

About August '12 time frame the clutch died.. not sure it was me, or my brother or all the auto-x'n I did but shouldn't have died at only 40k miles... w/e 'words' Exedy Stg 1 Clutch and a LW Flywheel were put in. Only pic I have is how toast the stock pressure plate was..

And to round out the last of the mods thus far. My seats. Black on Black Suede / Vinyl Recaro Sportster CS Seats with custom matching silver diamond stitching.

More to come to this car this summer.

And the final vehicle in my fleet is the (well) above mentioned bike. 1994 Honda CBR600 F2. Bone stock so here are just a few pictars from when I went and looked at it

Just realized I have no good full bike shots on photo bucket.. so I'll get more of those later.

Anyway that's my story.. Stay tuned for updates on any one of the 3 vehicles currently in the fleet.

Hope you enjoy'd the pic heavy story.

-Aku

·
Registered
629 Posts
The G35 is nice, but I think the R32 is my favorite.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

G35 my brother bought brand new in FL so it's never seen winter and will continue to never see winter. R32 was dad's co-workers old car. It's been driven year-round for many years so I don't feel bad to continue to drive it in the winter... plus that AWD helps.. a lot.. (or at least should there hasn't been snow on the ground since I got it).

Also forgot to mention that I kept the grids when I sold the Jetta the 2nd time. Those will most likely go on the R32 (painted white) provided they clear the much larger .:R brakes

·
Grand Master Mabel listens to Death Metal and flip
7,145 Posts
Funny, I saw a comment that mentioned an R32...yeah the VW was not what my mind immediately jumped to. :lol:

Nice fleet. :D

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
My brain hurts. So many vehicles.

0_o

Love the Tornado red R.

- Drew

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
E30 and R32 are my favorites

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Weekend Updates..

So Friday night I started the work to install the Konis on the .:R32 and pretty quickly hit a gigantic road block. First of all I'm dumb and took the PO's word for it when he said shocks were bad... they aren't... but w/e have Koni's already so keeping them cuz I like. 2nd. Had I bothered to actually read the quote from the local dealer that he had on things that were broke and needed replacing and all that I would have noticed that both front springs were already broken....

And it was doing this to the bottom of the shock tower.

I'll be doing that Ground Control coil-over conversion a lot sooner than I had originally expected. Fortunately tax return couldn't have come at a better time!!

So instead I moved onto other things that I wanted done to that car.

Step 1 was remove all the ugly chrome **** off the grill / rear hatch

I was still a little pissed when I started the removal of the chrome on the grill so I kinda just attacked it with a screwdriver... there are paint scratchs and small gouges anywhere so i'm just going to proceed directly with the black p-dip grill. Eventually the headlights will get cracked open the housings painted black as well.

I also started work on installing the Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS unit and my old sub/amp from the focus. So far I'll I've done is run the co-ax cables, run the mic wire and soldered together the adapter wire harness to the radio wire harness (only pic I took)

[/URL]

So this is how she sits until new springs show up.

·
Registered
307 Posts
And to round out the last of the mods thus far. My seats. Black on Black Suede / Vinyl Recaro Sportster CS Seats with custom matching silver diamond stitching.

-Aku
Hate you! Those are my dream seats lol. Loving all the cars, especially the G35 and SVT of course. Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Minor .:R32 update.

Called Ground Control on Monday... they don't make a coil-over conversion kit for the R32's. (just the base jetta/golfs / non awd stuff. And no Audi TT kit either to try and work around it that way.

Got a buddy locally who has a set of euro sped R32 springs made by H&R that I'll be picking up Sat.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the new springs on Sat

Stock on left, Euro spec R32's on right

And assemble!

Ran into some issues with the rear springs.. mainly the fact that my spring compressor can't compress them enough to remove and I was by myself and had not chances of prying the knuckle down far enough to get them out. So currently still running stock rears. I have an appointment tomorrow to get my wheel bearing done and they'll toss the rears in for me as well.

But here she is finally out of the garage!

Also Grill = Black now (****ty pic)

Also radio install finished.

And one last pic of a good rainy stare down

·
Registered
55 Posts
you forgot the G's clutch fork pivot borking out.

i need to do one of these... Shame half of it will be the tale of Deb

·
I'm a Self Cleaning Oven!
1,704 Posts
I hope the person who did that to the SVT is doing jail time, you just don't do that to an SVT, you just don't.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sadly he just got a ticket and drove his damn F150 home with what appeared to be hardly even a small dent. His truck looked fine...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow. I clearly don't get on here much. Many things happened. Going to just copy / paste from other build threads into here.

Since the last update it has needed the RF wheel bearing done as well. Took care of that back in Sept ('13). Only other mod was an H&R rear bar.

Also went to SoWo '13 and I went silly and P-dipped the wheels purple (bring the hate). Only really good pictures I can seem to find was taken at Motorstadt and one I took when I spotted a fellow MIVEr. Currently on another set of stock wheels / stock color with the winters.. Getting my other set and spare aristo cleaned up and will be pc'd for summer use.

Pic from Motorstadt

Spotted

Found other one.. I think during SoWo trip? I dunno

Car jumping that kinda happened at first on accident and then again on purpose for photos (return trip from sowo)...

Then went ice racing this winter...

After much debate I have decided that the best future plan of action for me financially is to sell the G35. So that will be going away this spring to get out of so me debt and drop a car payment. Stay tuned for big plans for the .:R once this happens.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the summer set of stock wheels finally finished. PC'd white (see the pdip didn't last too long)

Bought a Cupra R lip and slapped that on the front.

And swapped my Sportster CS seat that used to be in the G35 into the R.

So that's all for now.

Big things are coming soon though.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Then this happened

The Turbo (turbine housing ceramic coated)

Turbo Manifold (ceramic coated)

Down Pipe (decided to not get it ceramic coated due to modifying it to v-band to a full 3-in exhaust)

AEM Truboost

Rest of the parts. Heat sheilding, water feed/return lines, oil feed return lines etc

New intake manifold gaskets as well as new injectors and injector harness pigtails, and silicon boost hoses

My order from IE. SAI block off plate and a billet EFR turbo diverter valve cover

1 - 20 of 36 Posts