Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats Up I just bought a Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 alarm and I want to install it on my Focus. Thing is it has remote start if i have the local shop install it how do I install it so my remote start will work on my manual transmission? I know your not supposed to because you might leave your car in gear.... but I NEVER even leave my car in gear so that wont be an issue. I didnt know where else to post this question sorry if its in the section. Any help is useful. thanks

·
Registered
729 Posts
well they sell kits that cater to a 5speed,,,,,but since u dont have one of those kits, i can tell u what iv HEARD. iv heard, theres a sensor that tells your car when your clutch is all the way in, so u can start your car and whatnot, all u do is jump the wires in that sensor so it always reads down. i dont know if there are any adverse effects to doing this, nor do i know how to do it on a focus. but if u end up finding out how to do it, lemme know. its gettin kinda cold here in the morning and a remote start would just make my morning commute a lil nicer. i hope this helped you. good luck

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
they will have to cut the clutch cable.. i don't know about any other state but its illegal to have on a manual. be careful.

·
Registered
729 Posts
are u sure its illegal?? i konw that in super street or some other magazine they tested an alarm/remote start that was catered to work on a 5spd. it had lil sensors in it that wouldnt lock the doors or start the car unless it was in neutral. what state are u in??

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
i dont know if its illegal or not, but i know there is a way to do it, as all Foci in Europe (as well as most other European cars) you can start the car without touching the clutch..its kinda funny trying that when its in gear..(gotta love rentals). When i was stationed in Germany, i drove many Euro Foci (the diesels SUCK!!)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
i know in virginia they are the DOT would have a field day with that... just ask around never hurts to double check

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't find anyone who will install it so this feature works. I have been told I just have to jump two different wires? What two wires and where do I jump them. Does any one know of a website where they have alarm "hacks" to do such things. Please I havent really recieved alot of help anthing will help me.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
the best thing i can tell you is find someone that has done this mod and get them to help be it focus or not. keep searching

·
Registered
573 Posts
if there wasnt so much to explain i would. it would take me a long tiem to talk you threw it. it took me a long time to get where im at in the industry. i did my car NO PROBLEM but im running the risk that sumone will leave my car in gear and ill try n start it. that would be VERY bad for both me and the car/person my car hits beacuse i CHOSE to install a remote start that wasnt made for a manual vechile. i WOULD install it for you if u lived close enough to justify me doin ti as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts