Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a set of H&R coilovers installed, with a fresh, factory set of strut mounts and bearings.

Can I achieve the following alignment specs without the use of any camber kits, both front and rear?

F:
Camber 1.5
Toe 1/8 TOTAL toe out

R:
Camber .5
Toe 0

If it isn't obvious already, I'm admittedly ignorant when it comes to suspension and the mechanics.

Can camber and such be adjusted to a specific number, considering the fact that Focus suspension assemblies do not allow for adjustability from the factory?

Also, considering the fact I'm utilizing coilovers, will all I have to do is make sure that the ride height is matched in the front and rear?

Oh and, what do you guys think of these alignment specs? Intended driving includes autocross, and later in the year, track day apps. And of course, "spirited" driving on the street.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
You can't change the camber without a camber kit. The toe can be changed. I believe I've heard that 1/8th total in front and 1/16th total in back is a fairly responsive toe setting. Your coilovers will probably give you enough camber to handle well, you'll just need to hope that it's even on both sides.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts