Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
No Indians, only Zuul.
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my wife goes to start her car up 3 days ago and when she starts it her tach and speedo go all the way up and then back again its done it every morning and only the monrin for for the lasst 3 days anyone know why?

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
I dont know why but Ive seen this before. Never noticed any adverse affects from it.

·
No Indians, only Zuul.
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i rember hearing awhile back that it had to do with an error indacator if that happens it means sumthings up but i dont remeber what

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
after you've pulled the battery out of the car.

when you repalce it and reconenct it and start the car, the needles will sweep their entire movement.

but to do it every day, i'd get it to autozone or a mechanic and have them scan teh car and see whats up with it.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I remember hearing of one individual with an failing battery cable complain of a similar problem.

Not sure about the specifics.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Also... check your fuses.

I had a fuse blow once a long time ago that caused odd gauge behavior... yet everything still worked once on the road. I can't recall the specifics, I apologize.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
When my battery was starting to fail, it would do the same thing. Only after the car'd been sitting 8 hours or more, the needles would sweep. I, too have heard of several things causing the sweep. Most are power related.

·
Registered
891 Posts
the only time the gauges should sweep is after you reset the computer and it takes something like 15-20 mins to reset itself when you disconnect power. i'd agree that the battery is most likely on it's way out or you have a blown fuse somewhere.

·
Registered
584 Posts
It happened to me....we found out i had a bad battery cable. Every so often while i was moving the car would buck and the guages would sweep.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts