Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I ordered a FCTB from mcnews and as I was transferring the tps from the old tb to the new one I snapped one of the mounting screws for it so im like wtf
. I took it out and look at the holes drilled and they have a very fine thread while my screws have a real course thread. Now my car is a 2002 which i picked up in the begining of april. Did they change something or was i supposed to get new screws. Does anyone know the thread so i can get new screws. I need your help quick cause as of now my car isnt moving.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thanks anyway, I managed to find some screws to fit the holes but has anyone else run into this problem. Also can someone tell me why when I put the car in neutral the rpms stay up around 2000 for a couple of seconds then drop back down to like 900? Do I need to adjust the idle screw.

·
Registered
658 Posts
dont you use the screws you took out of your factory TB...they should fit fine cause theyre the same ones. as for the idle...did you reset your ECU (unhook your battery for a little) if not i wouldnt worry..mine does that when its cold with a bored factory TB

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks tom thats what i needed to know. As for the screws the ones that were on my stock thottle body just looked like some self tapping screws with a coarse thread and the holes on the fctb had a very fine thread but oh well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts