Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the 101 S. next to a Yukon and next thing I know, some ass clown in a motor home enters the highway right in front of me and cuts me off. I couldn't slow down (Damn OE brakes
) so I downshifted and floored it. I got the car halfway into the Yukon's lane and barely missed it and sueezed between to two. I hate stupid people who can't see a bright ass yellow focus in broud daylight.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I can't help but wonder if people are completely blind to yellow focuses....happens to me all the time

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
People are stupid.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get your brakes fixed immediately! They should have been able to slow you down just fine. How fast were you going?
I'm sure you know how it is with the stock brakes with the violent shaking and major brake fade. Sudden stops aren't so sudden. I was goin about 75-80mph. I knew I would have reared the bastard so I just had to dodge him.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad everything is OK! Whew!
Thanks, man...I'm proud for pulling a stunt like that and making it out uscaved...my girlfriend is pretty happy to be alive too.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Glad you are okay, but I share CharlesWA's sympathy: Get those brakes fixed!

My stock rotors/pads are capable of easily locking the front wheels at those speeds.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I can't help but wonder if people are completely blind to yellow focuses....happens to me all the time
Your not the only one. Happens to me. Autumn Orange Focus.

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts
hate stupid people who can't see a bright ass yellow focus in broud daylight.
I hear ya on that! Man what is it about yellow? Am I frickin' invisible here or what? I had to use the shoulder one time 'cause some clown decided he was going to occupy the same space as me in the slow lane
Idiots, idiots, idiots!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
OMG me too! I have a Cadillac inprint on my car b/c he didn't see me! He is just the one that caught me too, I'm always dodging idiots!

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Thought I was the only one with a close call last night. I was on the way home too. It was on the 15 south at around 10:00P.M.[censored]. There I was talking to Randy on the cell going with the flow of traffic when all of a sudden the car directly in front of me goes all whoopsie and winds up doing a 180.........stopped on the freeway! I was looking at headlights and trying to figure out where all the other cars are swerving to so I can plan an escape from hitting this car dead on. There was NO time to stop at all, so I swerved into the next lane to avoid it. I missed it by about a foot or two. Crapped my pants on that one.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

My stock rotors/pads are capable of easily locking the front wheels at those speeds.
Can I third this? I don't believe the stock brakes are that bad. I've done several "panic stop" tests on the stock brakes and I always found the tires to be the limiting factor...not the brakes. And even when the pads were worn out, they still worked effectively unless you overheated them.

On the other hand, good to hear you survived. I think the good thing about accelerating instead of slowing down was the fact that who knows what or who was behind you. Any time I hit my brakes, my eyes are glued to the rear view mirror for a second. Then I look infront of me for a hole or opening. People just don't pay attention out on the highways and they follow way too close.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
People dont even pay attention to the bright yellow bike, jacket, and helment around here. On top of that, my Focus is black.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I was able to lock em before I got my new wheels. I just got the yokos with 18's and there is so much grip...the car will slow down really well for a few seconds but then MAJOR BRAKE FADE
...I might as well put it in neutral and cruise to a stop

I'm currently saving for a load of mods, new head, full tranny work and a big brake conversion to fill the gap with 18's

·
Registered
2,864 Posts

mine to
but i can understand the condition, i had to do the same the other morning on the way to work. Im glad i dont have my maxima anymore, i love how the focus can sqeeze into places.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
With all due respect, what happened sucked, but with all the money you've put into mods, why haven't you upgraded the brakes yet?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cuz I want my car to go faster, not slow down....DUH
No but really, I just decided to wait it out til after the head package because I have had that in the works for a while, and I'm planning on hitting 205+ whp. Its one of those things...like popeye said...I can't stands no more.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Try living with a black Focus.
Good to hear that you weren't hit by one of the many unobservant clods on our roads today.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts