Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car died in the middle of the road, battery light was blinking before that.

Car can start with battery charged up/ a jump, but will not charge (multimeter shows voltage drop, so not charging)
Checked that the Alternator case had continuity with the battery negative terminal.
Fuse 10 checked.

Can't test the hot wire continuity since I can't remove the connector, (maybe I will have take the Alternator down first?)

Questions:
1. Where is Alternator Fusible Link? Does being able to start on battery but not charging say anything?
2. What is the purpose of the 2 connector in red and purple? I don't see the red connector been connected (I might be blind, or it was at a bad angle).

Product Automotive lighting Font Auto part Circle
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Screenshot

·
I
13,452 Posts
The fusible link sits right near the starter under the intake manifold on the main battery wire.

One of the big issues on the Zetec too is the battery cable itself. Corrosion gets into the main battery wire, increases resistance, and eventually no charge.

Do you have continuity if you probe the post on the alt to battery positive? You don't need to remove the wire to test.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fusible link sits right near the starter under the intake manifold on the main battery wire.

One of the big issues on the Zetec too is the battery cable itself. Corrosion gets into the main battery wire, increases resistance, and eventually no charge.

Do you have continuity if you probe the post on the alt to battery positive? You don't need to remove the wire to test.
so some where I marked in RED?
Before I can't see the red cable end on the alternator, now I removed the engine mounts, I can probably do a continuity test....
I just can't remove the rear bolt on the alternator...
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Trunk Bumper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts