Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed my Off road pipe yesterday and I have about 70 miles since then and I have no CEL yet. Will it come on or am I just lucky? Anyways about the buzzing noise I went to my exhaust shop and they said $74 to get a resonator installed. It that a good deal?

·
Registered
65 Posts
no. my cel didnt come on for the 3 days that i had my mil eliminator off. I took it off becasue a problem popped up that i was trying to diagnose. It turned out that the fuel cutoff switch came unplugged. So i plugged it back in, but i forgot to put the mil eliminator back on and then noticed it was still in my glove box and i had no cel. but i still put it back on there in anyway.
I have tried everything to get rid of that buzzing noise, but nothing has worked. A high flow cat will help, but it wont get rid of it. I have never tried a resinator, but i think it could get rid of it.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Yes, a resonator will help with the buzzing noise. I installed a 28" on my car and it went away. $74.00 installed is not bad, I bought mine from magnaflow and it cost me $60.00 then I had to install it, I'm suprised that you found an exhaust that will even work on your system without a cat.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I think he means he is surprised that you found an exhaust shop that will work on your car since it doesn't have a cat on it. Thats a big NO NO.

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
they probably didn't realize... they will when they get under it and play around a bit

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was reluctant to tell him that I had no cat at first, I told him that I had a magnaflow exhaust on a focus and he said they usually don't have buzzing problems with it and I said I do because there is no cat. I told the guy about the ORP and why I needed the resonator and he was cool about it and He even told me about the o2 cheaters I could get. And this place is one of the best places around town, Everyone goes there.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I wouldnt bother with a resonator but thats just me...the buzzing never bothered be...

I had a ORP for probably 9K miles before I finally threw a CEL, and then I rode for another 3K before I broke down and got a 02 cheater

1 - 8 of 8 Posts