Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was just wanting some opinions on the next mod to perform. I'm looking at between $250 and $300. I plan on doing the racat and flexpipe in a couple months, so leave those out...Here are the current mods...

1 AEM Shorty
2 Magnaflow catback
3 FC shorty header

What's next??????

Lox

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where can I go around Kansas City to get some cam gears tuned on the dyno and how much does something like that cost??? I was thinking about a chip and the UDP but I don't want to lose battery power with the UDP cause I have a decent stereo setup...what is the governer on the focus set at anyway??? The other day I was driving at a certain speed and felt like the fuel cut off but I wasnt sure and slowed down after that...
)
Peace

Lox

·
Registered
256 Posts
Originally posted by methodmotorworks.net:
i would go with str cam gears with dyno tuning you can around 9 hp with tuning.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Do you really think you can get 9hp off of cam gears on stock cams, intake and catback? Maybe if the stock cams were way off from the factory but I don't think with limited mods Cam Gears are worth it. I wish I'd saved my $250 until I was further along in modding. Just my two cents!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well... you can save a good chunk of change goin with the Fidenza Cam Gears. And if you do a search on this site you can find enough discussions about Cam Gears to discern that all the ones made for our cars at the mement (at least all the ones mentioned on this site so far) are pretty much equal except for price.

Just my .02

Originally posted by 140orbust:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by methodmotorworks.net:
i would go with str cam gears with dyno tuning you can around 9 hp with tuning.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Do you really think you can get 9hp off of cam gears on stock cams, intake and catback? Maybe if the stock cams were way off from the factory but I don't think with limited mods Cam Gears are worth it. I wish I'd saved my $250 until I was further along in modding. Just my two cents!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

1 - 7 of 7 Posts