Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car started to make loud clicking sound after a little hard driving and it started smoking alot. It ran like crap. The second cylinder from the left showed really low compression. I pulled the head and found a bad gash in the cylinder that showed low compression. I talked to marcy and I am going to start a build. I have to get the one cylinder resleeved. I am going to run 11.7:1 pistons with rods and stage 3 cams. Going to do 4.06 gearing with clutch/flywheel at the same time. Maybe ranger crank. The gunk on the other cylinders is probably because I had to drive around for a while with that bad cylinder.
probably the reason it needs to be sleeved. Its kind of hard to see but its about an inch wide and about as deep as a dime is thick.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
2.6 stroker what?

- Drew

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If there was one out right now, I probably would. Please tell me its out.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
I have no idea, but, I want one.

Ask Marcy if he has looked into it anymore. F2 showed interest JetFest regarding it.

- Drew

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
What did the cylinder ingest?

All four valves and plug look intact.

Did you examine your intake manifold for missing bits where the ISG, or tumble flap delete was made?

I'd like to know what was clicking and eventually ate your cylinder wall.

Sorry about your motor.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought the same thing but every thing I could see looked fine.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know of anyone who makes bigger bore pistons?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
As long as you have measurments, Diamond will make any type of pistons.

- Drew

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Pssh, I'd got for the 2.3L x2 with a kugel komponents v8 kit. But being serious, I'd probably just look into a wrecked 2.3L enine or maybe a nice 2.5L ranger engine and convert it over.

-bix

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The Duratec Ranger motor is 2.3L. The former 2.5 isn't compatible. Nice try though.

I'm excited to hear how this rebuild goes. If you bump up the displacement, however, I wouldn't bother with the regearing. You're going to make 1st gear absolutely useless.

You would, however, be able to repave the street in front of your house quite well.

·
Registered
293 Posts
What did the cylinder ingest?
Just my SWAG sounds like broken rings. Had that happen on another car before.

Has me a little worried though as his setup sounds pretty mild and was close to the one I was considering!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts