Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, i am sick of my puddy shifting ATX and want to do something to help the tranny out. OK levelten has stuff, but i don't want to spend thousands on full tranny build. I heard of people using just like 2 of there kits, but i don't know. I read about there hydrosystem, what's the price? Does it increase HP to the wheel? I know it helps out with the shifting. So what would be the single best ATX tranny helper for the buck. I am kinda on a budget since i got laid back on work. Please help me ATX brainiacs, thank you

·
Registered
173 Posts
have you considered a chip to help the tranny shifts? I had a Diablo and now I have a SuperChip... I truly recommend both of them... the Diablo is a little bit more aggresive but only the SuperChip could remove the speed limiter on my code (XAU0)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Just a tinny correction.. No tranny kit increases hp to the wheels. What its actually doing is removing HP loss that would occur because of our transmission.

On a near stock car .. your best bet would be a diablo chip.

On a build car.. there is no "bang for the buck" solution.. Your looking at a Manual Swap Or Level10 Upgrade..

Talk of other tranny parts from Europe and from the 2.3L are starting to arise. But nothing sound is known yet.

Just keep your hopes up id say.

Dan.

·
Registered
921 Posts
For autos a Superchip is a little better than a Diablo. There is a thread somewhere that shows this test data.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Originally posted by jRock:
For autos a Superchip is a little better than a Diablo. There is a thread somewhere that shows this test data.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Can ya find that thread? Ive always heard it was the other way around.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Ya .. its safe to say then i guess .. there identical.

But 1/4 time isnt as important as .. how do they shift differently on the road.. etc.
O well though.. straying too far off the topic.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried like 3 days ago to get a Superchip but they have never done a focus with my code before so they cant. Maybe a Diablo, but i was looking for something to start to build up the tranny itself. I have exhaust, FC race header, Volant intake arm, Dodge Dakota 3inch K&N filter, Pro-flow 70mm,FC 65mm TB, and ignition wires. I have a good amount of mods and will continue modding, so a tranny helper will start to become more and more of an issue.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I was talking to Levelten awhile ago about getting their Valve body upgrade and there torque converter. Their prices were very high. When I was talking to them they did not know if their torque converter had any actual gains, but a few guys here have the full build so maybe that has changed.

---Herb---

·
Registered
409 Posts
E-mailing them is almost pointless. They are very busy. When I was at the shop, the lot was packed. They also do regular transmission work like an AAMCO shop. In case anyone doesn't know,
the stall speed relates to what rpm the TQ converter lets the engine rev to so it can develop power before launch. Under normal driving conditions you wouldn't notice the upgrades except for a quicker, firmer shift. If your engine develops good low range power, you don't need a high stall speed. If you have to get into higher rpm's than find a stall speed that launches you just at the start of your power
band. Keep in mind the higher you go, the more daily drivability you lose, but if done correctly
you most likely would not notice. If you call,
ask for Sam. If he has time he will answer a few questions, but keep in mind they are busy doing jobs. He might not have the time to B.S. for an hour.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm with the chip. I have a diablo on a near stock car too, and it's the only minor modification that seems to make a big difference.
I've taken it out before and wouldn't go back to stock. Plus my girlfriend (who drives my car a lot) noticed a big difference when I took it out (as in less responsive) and she didn't even know about the chip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts